ONZE

"You remember I told you Madelyn is a great liar, right?"

Madelyn Harris found herself sitting in an interrogation room with her dad at the police station. She didn't even change, she had the clothes she had gone to therapy with, some work out shorts and an oversized T-shirt, with her normal slip on vans, and she even had her hair in the same ponytail she had put it in before going to sleep.

She couldn't believe Nate had done all the things they told her, and neither could her dad. But Madelyn knew that it wasn't out of the realm of possibilities.
"Why am I here again?" She asked looking at the officer and then at her dad, who was right beside her.

"You are Nate Jacobs best friend" the officer said. "Do you think Nate is capable of doing anything like this?" The officer asked.

"Look, I don't know," she said. "I know Nate has anger problems, but I can't believe he would touch Maddy like that" she continued.

"Has Nate Jacobs ever gotten aggressive with you?" The officer asked.

"No, Nate has never touched me like ever"  the blonde said.

"So do you mind telling me what are those bruises on your neck?" The officer said.

"What?" Madelyn said confused, as she felt her dad look at her. When the girl touched her neck she remembered, fuck, she thought. "This wasn't Nate," the girl said.

"So who gave you those?" The same officer asked.

Madelyn knew she had to think fast and she couldn't tell the truth. "I don't know," the girl said.

"You don't know," the officer said slowly, she sounded both confused and skeptical.

"Yeah" she said and turned to her dad, "you might not want to listen to this." The girl took a deep breath and said "I met some guy at the carnival, he said he was visiting some family for the weekend. He was cute, we were flirting, and we had sex" at that her father's expression fell. "Protected sex" she added turning to her father. "I was turned away from him, so he held the back of my neck and my waist to keep me 'stable'. It wasn't hurting me, I just bruise easily" when she finished she looked at the officer who looked like she didn't believe her.

"Please, tell us the truth now," the officer said.

Maddie scoffed and said "I'm telling you the truth! Why would I just make up that I fucked a random dude and say it in front of my dad?!" the girl almost yelled. "Plus Nate's hand is like gigantic, if he had done this to me I wouldn't have fingerprints on my neck, I would have a handprint" the girl finished.

The officer couldn't argue with that so she told her she was free to go.

"I'm sorry dad" the girl said as they were walking out of the station.

"You don't have to be sorry, you are a teenager. As long as you used protection" her father said. The father and daughter walked to the car and got on it, before they could drive away Jack Harris looked at his daughter and said "I don't want you hanging out with Nate anymore."