SEIS

It was safe to say that the aftermath of Rue's revelation had taken a toll on Madelyn's friend group

     It was safe to say that the aftermath of Rue's revelation had taken a toll on Madelyn's friend group. Nate had called her multiple times but she refused to answer, after all, he was the reason why Maddy wasn't speaking to her. Kat and BB, who learned about the events later on, fully supported Maddy, but they weren't sure if they should talk to Madelyn or not. Cassie was facing the consequences of her actions, but she still tried to justify her actions. Maddy was fuming, she planned to murder Cassie, while planning on how to hurt Nate the most. But the Latina was not sure what she wanted to do about Madelyn, she knew her best friend was just trying to protect her, but her rage was high in that moment, so the Perez girl figured it was just best to leave Maddie be, even though she was mad, she did not want to fight with the girl anymore.

     Mads didn't think this secret coming out was going to affect her any more than it already had, but she was wrong. Having her boyfriend's secret thrown out for all of her friends to hear was hard, she felt like a fool. She loved Nate, and she wanted to make him better, but now all of her friends knew she was a failure, if her boyfriend couldn't keep it in his pants after a fight, her months of 'making him a better person' had been thrown in the trash, or maybe this 'better person' never existed. It felt like now that the secret was out in the open Madelyn had started to feel what it really feels like being cheated on. She felt like there was a hole in her chest and that the hole was going to swallow her whole. And the worst part of it all was that Mads had lost both of her best friends, Nate betrayed her, and she was afraid Maddy was planning to have her killed.

     The days that followed Rue's failed intervention Mads had refused to leave her house, she spent most of her time watching shows while cuddling with Ares, and emailing Lexi back and forth about the play. Lexi's play, which she had just told Madelyn it was called 'Our Life', was the only thing Maddie was looking forward to. First, she thought it was a really good play; second, that play was going to smack some people in the face, which the blonde was really looking forward to.

     Maddie preferred to stay in her room, only leaving when she had to go to school, and that meant when her mom dragged her out of her bed. But after a few days of moping she was sick of it, Madelyn was proud to say she was high functioning through her depression and anxiety, even if she was not functioning very well, so she decided to make someone else's day good.

     The Harris girl had gotten a text from Gia, Rue's sister, letting her know that was back home, and was actually detoxing, which was the only good news Madelyn had gotten in a few days. So the blonde did what she did best, she put a smile on, went to the grocery shop, and put together a 'feel better' basket for Rue. And that's how she found herself standing side by side with Ares, ringing the doorbell of the Bennett's residence.

     Moments later, the door was opened and Leslie Bennett looked at the girl surprised, but part of her felt good to see the blonde there.

     "Hi Mrs. Bennett, how are you?" Madelyn asked, but she soon realized what she had just asked the woman, "Sorry, that was a stupid question. Umm... I hope you are feeling better," she gave the woman an awkward smile.