UM

Madelyn Harris enjoyed the simple things in life, that's why on a Friday afternoon, the last Friday before Junior year started, she was sitting on her couch watching TV with her dog, Ares

Madelyn Harris enjoyed the simple things in life, that's why on a Friday afternoon, the last Friday before Junior year started, she was sitting on her couch watching TV with her dog, Ares. The gray pitbull was her favorite being on the planet, so just sitting with him on the couch was amazing. In the middle of Jurassic Park her phone rings. She didn't want to pick up, but before declining the call she looked at the caller ID. NATE, it said. She sighed and decided to pick up, for her sanity. Now, it's not like she didn't like Nate or didn't want to talk to him, it's just that she enjoyed that moment so much.

Mads:

Yeah.

Nate:

Yo just saw Rue at Fezco's. Thought she was dead

Mads:

Oh god Nate, she just went to rehab. How is she? I didn't know she was back.

Nate:

No fucking clue. So u ready?

Mads:

Ready for what?

Nate:

McKay's

Mads:

Nate, that's not until 10pm, and it's like 5pm

Nate:

Yeah, but i'm going now and i'm picking u up

Mads:

Well, I'm not going until later. Besides I have legs and can walk, and Mckay's is close to mine's

Nate:

Yeah, u r not walking, just text me when u want to come and i will pick u up.

Mads:

Whatever...

With that Maddie hung up and went back to her peaceful moment with her dog.

...

In Nate Jacobs' car Chris Mckay looked at his friend with a smirk.

"What?" asked Nate when he looked at his friend.

"You're whipped that's what" McKay said with a smirk on his face. "You should just tell her already, instead of going back to Maddy."

"Bruh, don't even start, she is just my best friend" Nate said with a hard face. "Now let's talk about how the whole world's gonna be talking about how McKay threw the grimiest fucking banger of the summer."

McKay shook his head and said "I don't know bro. You know my mom is real OCD. She notices the smallest shit: a little scratch on the wall, the dishes are out of order."

"Fine. We'll just take a picture of everything, and we'll put it back the way we found it. Plus, you know Mads will help clean up after the party" answer the brunette trying to assure his friend.

Chris Mckay shook his head once again, looked at his friend and said "Yeah, I trust Maddie, but not your useless ass. And what the fuck is this, Mission Impossible?"

Nate just smiled at his friend and said "would you stop worrying about you mom and start worrying about all the fucking pussy that we're gonna smash tonight, bro"

"Yeah, you won't be smashing pussy, you will just be following you golden girl around like a lost puppy" answered McKay.

...

Back in the Harris household it was already 8:00pm and Mads had just got out of the shower and would start getting ready for the party. Madelyn always arrived at McKay's early, she was the one that brought the boys food, just because she wanted to make sure her best friend would at least eat something before drinking all night.

For the next 30 minutes Maddie tried to figure out what she would wear. She gave up on that for now and went to do her makeup. The blonde didn't like a lot of makeup, so she just did a pink wing, applied mascara, highlighter and some lip gloss. Deciding to wear the first thing she saw, a tight black skirt, and a pastel pink cropped t shirt, she wore her usual black old school vans. Madelyn always wore three necklaces: a silver choker with a small heart in the middle, a silver mid length one with her name, and a longer silver one with a "N" pendant, which Nate gave her on her 14th birthday.

By the time Mads finished getting ready it was already 9:20pm, so instead of calling Nate like he wanted she decided to just walk to McKay's. "I'm leaving! Bye parents!" she said to her parents while going towards the door.

"Bye honey, be careful! And call us if you need anything!" her mom, Ana, told her.

"I have always kind of envied Madelyn's parents. They were always so chill and let her do pretty much anything she wanted. But again, she was a nice girl and never did anything crazy, or overdosed, that has to gain parents trust."

...

After a 10 minute walk Madelyn arrived at McKay's, she knew people would only start arriving at 10pm, so only McKay, Nate, and probably some of the football team were at the house.

Inside of the house, Nate and the football team were showing videos of Cassie to McKay, when they heard the door opening and someone say "yo, McKay!" and Nate immediately recognized his best friend's voice.

"Shit! Turn that off" said Nate in a rushed voice while locking the screen of his phone, while his football friends looked at him amused.

"Hi guys, I brought food," said Mads while lifting the bag full of bags of chips in her hand.

"Thank you so much Mads" said McKay with relief in his voice, knowing that at least someone in the house was somewhat responsible.

"Lookin' good Mads" said Troy or Roy with a nasty smirk, honestly the blonde couldn't tell the difference nor did she care.

She rolled her eyes and said "whatever."

Nate got up in a rush, grabbed her arm, and took her to the kitchen. "What the fuck Madelyn? I told you to text me! I don't want you walking in the dark, especially with a skirt like that" said a pissed off Nate.

"Nate it's a 10 minute walk, so don't even start" answered Maddie while pouring her and Nate a shot. "Now, let's start this party," said Madelyn before taking her shot.

...

Author's note:

Hi guys! I'm nervous and excited because this is my first story. English is not my first language, so if you guys see any mistakes please let me know, and give me feedback of how you like the history.

Also, just so no one is confused, some characters and I will refer to Madelyn as Maddie sometimes, so no, I didn't write Maddy Perez's name wrong or am I referring to her.