QUATRO

It was the first day of school, and while Madelyn got ready she hoped this year would be drama free

It was the first day of school, and while Madelyn got ready she hoped this year would be drama free. Which is something she thought would be near impossible, but she could still hope. The blonde was dressed in ripped mom jeans, a white tank top, her white slip on vans, and one of Nate's jackets.

Madelyn went to the kitchen and decided to have some toast before school, she wasn't really hungry and the anxiety made her less hungry than she already was, but she knew she had to eat something. A couple of minutes after she was done Nate texted her letting her know he was waiting for her outside. Nate would always pick her up and drop her off from school, unless she had some other plans, but even before, when he didn't have a car, he would walk her.

"Good morning" said Madelyn, smiling when she got in Nate's truck.

"Morning babe" the brunette answered. Madelyn was used to the nicknames, she knew Nate Jacobs loved pet names and that was never going to change. "Did you eat breakfast? And did you pack your lunch?" asked Nate.

"Yes dad" answered Maddie rolling her eyes. Madelyn never eats cafeteria food, so she brought food from home most of the days, and the days she didn't bring food Nate would bring her food.

...

"As I said before, Madelyn could talk to anyone, and the truth is she could be pretty random at times. Just saying random things at random people, which most people would consider weird, but most people just ignore it because she is pretty and nice.

And her randomness was actually what made her become friends with Jules, and it was definitely Jule's favorite thing about her."

Madelyn was sitting in her World History class waiting for it to start, when a very colorful person sat by her. She looked to her side and saw Jules, the girl who cut her arm at McKay's.

The truth is, Mads was intrigued by the blonde, so she looked at her and said, "hey, are you alright?" Jules just looked at her confused. "Sorry, I'm Madelyn. I was at the party Friday and I saw the whole thing" she said pointing to her forearm.

Jules smiled at her "I'm Jules, but you already knew that" she laughed. "And yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking Mads" and she winked at her.

Maddie barely knew Jules, but she had a good feeling about the girl.

...

It was the end of the first day of school, and as always nothing changed. Honestly, the only new thing was a person, and that person was Jules.

Madelyn was walking the hallways with her best friend. "Oh Nate, I forgot to tell you, you don't need to drop me off today. My mom's picking me up" the blonde said.

"Why? I can drop you off, she doesn't need to come pick you up" said Nate turning to his friend.

Madelyn looked at him and said "my mom's taking me to my therapist today, and after that she is getting a new car, so I have to drive the old car back. And that also means I'm finally getting a car!" The girl said excitedly.

Nate was looking at her excited face while she told him about the car and he couldn't help but think how he loved her smile. I wish I could make her smile like this everyday, he thought. "I thought your therapist appointments were on Wednesday," he said.

"I changed it to Monday so I could get it over with" she answered Nate.

"Oh okay. I have some things to do today and I might take Maddy out later tonight. But we could have a movie night after my date" he said suggestively to the blonde. He knew how much she loved movie nights.

The girl smiled and said "Yeah! That sounds perfect! But you are picking the movie tonight" she winked and ran towards her mother's car, "bye Nate!"

...

The Harris girl always felt weird after her therapy session. It felt good to talk to someone neutral, and that could really make her put her ideas in place, and that makes her feel weird for some reason. Her therapist asked her to keep a journal, just so she can put her feelings somewhere, and that also helped her collect her thoughts and feelings.

So after she got home she wrote and wrote in her journal. She didn't realize before writing, but her anxiety was high that day, especially because today was the first day of school.

After hours of writing it was already 11pm, and that's when Nate arrived.

"So... before we get into movies, do you want to tell me how the therapist was today?" the boy asked.

"Nate, I pay the therapist to talk, I don't need to talk about the therapist with someone else" the girl laughed at her friend.

"Whatever" he rolled his eyes. "I decided we are watching Iron Man" the boy said and threw himself at her bed.

"Best movie ever," the girl said.

...

It was a good day for Nate, he taught Tyler a lesson, was on good terms with Maddy, and she slept by his friends side. And now the football team was "showing off" at the cafeteria while the cheerleaders danced, and he loved that attention.

In the cafeteria Maddie was sitting alone at her usual table waiting for the football team to show up and make the usual noise they did whenever the coach "presented" them to other students. The truth is Madelyn couldn't care less about football, she hated most of the football team because she thought they were all sexists assholes, and she also thought the game was boring. But she went to every game since freshman year just to support her best friend.

"Let's hear it from the East Highland Black Hawks!" She heard the coach scream, and then he saw the football team run down the steps screaming, and she rolled her eyes.

Maddie thought they were like animals, screaming and jumping up and down on tables. But what made her hate them most was that most of them think they are kings, but what they really are is disrespectful pigs.

So Madelyn stuck to pay attention to the cheerleaders dancing. Way more interesting, she thought. Kat was also on her mind at that time, she felt bad for the girl, she knew it was her first time and now it was all over the internet. Kat told her earlier today that that wasn't her, but Madelyn, like everybody else, knew that was a lie.

Mads was taken out of her thoughts by a noise of people sitting, and she heard her friend ask "Hey Mads, did you eat your lunch already?"

"Yeah, you guys were running around and screaming for almost the whole lunch period," she told Nate.

Before Nate could say anything else to her, a random football player asked her "hey Mads, you think you can hook me up with your friend Kat? I saw that she's into home movies" he said laughing, and the rest of the football team laughed with him, while Nate just looked at her, knowing she wouldn't be happy.

Maddie's day was already bad enough, she barely slept last night, and, because this was a particular bad day, she couldn't focus at all today, and that pissed the shit out of her. Plus, she had been hearing comments about Kat all day, so that was the last drop.

Madelyn got up from her seat, looked the guy in the eye and said "fuck you" and she walked away from the speechless boys.

Author's note:

Hi guys, I'm sorry I feel like this chapter was kind of shitty, but this was a hard one to write for me. I think it was because episode two's timeline went back and forth I got a little confused, but I think it out. Also, I was going to write the actual therapist session, but I decided to leave it to when it's fully out why Madelyn sees a therapist. hope you guys like it!