OITO

It was finally Saturday, the day of Lexi's play

     It was finally Saturday, the day of Lexi's play. The Harris household was frenetic, Madelyn has been running around trying to figure out what to wear and what to do with her makeup, with Ares running behind her, both of her parents were making a celebratory breakfast, both excited to watch this play their daughter has been talking about for months. Maddy had gone home, she texted her friend letting her know she would be at the mall until the time of the play. Madelyn was secretly glad about that, she needed time to breath and focus on the play, and she would also drive Rue to the play.

     Madelyn wanted to wear heels, but a late night drunk with Maddy made the blonde land on her ankle, which made the blonde decide to go with her white air forces, ripped baggy jeans, a black shimmery corset top, and an oversized black blazer. For makeup she decided to go simple, blue liner, some rhinestone and a clear lip gloss. The anxiety because of the play made the girl rush out of the house, shouting a quick goodbye for her parents. It was still early for the play, the Harris girl was going to help the crew with any last minute changes they might make.

     The day was a blur to the people working on the play, it seemed like they needed to fix everything, run lines, sew clothes, and last minute scenarios needed to be put together, but they had finally done it. 45 minutes later felt like three hours later, but Maddie got ready to pick up Rue.

     Everything that had happened to Madelyn had finally caught up with her, that and the rush of adrenaline because of the play, those feelings sent her into an euphoria high like no drug had ever sent her to, she should hate it, but nothing felt better. It was like time was liquid, her drive was fast and slow at the same time, and in a blink of an eye, the blonde was in front of the Bennett household. Not even two minutes after a text, Rue walked out of her house. The curly haired girl walked as if she had all the time in the world, and she felt like she did, she felt grounded for the first time in a while.

     "Thanks for picking me up," Rue said, climbing into the house and putting her seatbelt on.

     "Yeah, of course. Now let's go, people were starting to get in when I came to get you, and I wanna get good seats," the blonde said, as she started driving away.

     "Why are you sitting with me again?" Rue asked, but once she saw the confused look on her friend's face, she explained, "I mean, usually production stays in the back."

     "Lexi and I both agreed that one of us should watch it. Plus, she has been a little bit of a control freak in this play. She would never leave those idiots alone to figure everything out, and she is in the play. Plus, I'm filming that shit," Madelyn said, reaching into the back seat and retrieving a small camera.

     Rue just looked at her friend, nodding her head and smiling, "smart."

     Once the girls arrived at the school, they walked towards the auditorium, Maddie rushed the brunette, explaining how they needed a good place to sit, and that she needed to set up the camera. As soon as the camera was on, Mads rushed to Rue's side, who had screamed at at least three people about how the seat by her was occupied. Just as she sat the lights were turned off and Madelyn could feel the excitement crawling inside of the skin.