28. ruby reads

good morning detective

i am in a very good mood, but then i guess you may just know that.

i wanted to tell you something because it really makes me feel so close to you, it's ridiculous, but i love it and i want you to know.

you are in my book, the one i am reading at the moment. you are a clever cop, you are depressed but snap out of it when the killer writes you a letter. you are so much cleverer than he is, but still i am nervous when i see he is not quite stupid enough. (i want him dead dumb so you can be okay throughout the story, because with this author one never knows...) you often write on a yellow legal pad. i have never seen one of those, but i have heard and read of them. you meet the sister of the murderer's victim (one of his victims, of course). i do not really look like her, (and i would not like to either, she's fair haired and you know how i feel...) but i don't care, i get to be with you in the book. we have tea (i know, but it's in the book...) together while you question me and i talk, talk, talk. i laugh often and wrinkle my nose. you like that. you like my back and my front a lot, which you see when i walk out of the room and come back in. i know this because you say so to me when i read the story and being the reader, i can know that. you cannot tell me in the book, though... i am rich and want to pay you way too much for investigating my sister's murder, but you won't accept that much money. i want to tell you to take it, i can afford it and you work very, very hard. but i cannot do that either and you would not accept anyway, i know. (why does that bell ring so loudly i have to cover my ears) the two of us get on like a house on fire. i love reading my book. i get to be with you. i think i shall sleep with you soon...i cannot wait for that, to be honest. and here my mind wanders off and goes places you will not believe (no you won't).

and with every sentence i read, i see you and smell you and see your face do the things he does...and thank my lucky stars because you are my non fiction.

i just miss you so much. please take care, okay...

love

your ruby