chapter twenty three

Hendery's POV

I slowly open my eyes looking around the room. I see myself shirtless. I look besides me to see Chunhua. Seeing her shoulders down to her collar bones is pure skin. No clothing. The rest is covered with the blanket. I quickly sit up covering my body. I'm confused. This can't be it. We couldn't have slept together. This is a set up. W-what do I do?

I feel the blankets moving. Then a scream from Chunhua who is also sitting up covering herself. I cover her mouth so that she won't be loud. Her eyes widen open and scream through my hands.

"W-why are you screaming?" I ask in panic.

"You're shirtless!" Chunhua says through my hands which makes me drop them from her mouth and quickly cover myself up with the blanket. "W-we-what happened? This can't be happening.. right? We didn't do anything together.. right?"

I nod my head no. "It must of been the doings of the people who drugged us. I'm definitely sure that we didn't do it."

"I-I-let's go get changed before any notices." Chunhua says.

I agree with her. Since we're both naked. I see a towel near by. I grabbed the towel and gave it to Chunhua. She grabs the towel.

"Wrap yourself in this and go change in the bathroom. I'll change out here. I'll close my eyes." I say then cover my eyes with one of my hands.

Within minutes. I hear the door shut. I'm sure she's gone to the bathroom. I quickly change.

Jialia's POV

My mom, Jian, Lufeng and I are going to get some corn. Cutting some corn from the corn field since my mom's friend has some leftover corn. When we arrive, my mom's friend tell us the way to the field. The field is very very very big. I have no idea how people can pick corns one this big field.

As my mom and I are cutting corn apart from the stem. Jian is helping my mom. I see that Lufeng is struggling from afar.

"If it's too hard. You can go rest." I say as I walk up to him then cut the corns besides him and throw it in his bucket.

"No. I got this. I can cut these corn off." Lufeng smiles. I can see his sweat through his hat. "Take off your hat. You're sweating."

He takes off his hat and it hangs behind his head. I go back to my mom and Jian who is putting the corn in the bucket.

When the sun has risen down, we have lots of buckets full of corn. We got free transportation from an uncle that was kind to bring us back home since the we had lots of buckets full of corn and they are heavy.

I take a handkerchief from my pocket and wipe Jian's sweat. He's sweating a lot. His cheeks are bright pink.

"Was putting the corn in the bucket today fun?" I ask.

"No. It's hot." Jian says.

"I know. Mommy sees that you're sweating." I say as I continue to wipe his forehead fill with sweat. See Jian is like seeing Xiaojun.

"Mommy! I miss daddy. When are we going back home to see daddy?" Jian asks.

"In a couple of more days. We'll get to see daddy." I say.

"Yay!" Jian smiles brightly.

"You're sweating too." Lufeng says.

"Am I?" I ask then touch my forehead. I feel the wetness. I use my sleeve to wipe the sweat.

"Use this. Don't use your sleeve." Lufeng says as he hands me his handkerchief.

"You use it." I refuse.