chapter twenty two

Jialia's POV

Jian and I have arrived at my mom's home late in the afternoon. I'm actually excited to spend the time with my mother and son. And have my mom and son bond together. I'm unpacking my clothes in my mom's bedroom. Jian is in the living room playing with his toys he brought.

My phone rings. Xiaojun is calling me.

"Hello?" I stop putting my clothes away and answer.

"D-did you and Jian arrive there safely?" He worriedly asks.

A small smile spreads on my face. "We're both here safe and sound. Don't worry about us too much. You have work to do as well."

"I'm able to concentrate and work well if I know that you both are alright. You have to call me everyday now that you're there, so I know you both are safe and that I don't have to worry." He softly says.

"I will so that you won't worry. What are you doing? Calling me when you're busy." I say.

"I'm on a quick break. In the next couple days, I won't be busy as much. The house will be very quiet." He says.

"Don't worry. You'll have Jian and I to be loud on the phone when you're at home." I say, spreading my smile. "Talking about him. Do you want to talk to him?"

"Ummm." He hums.

I walk to the living room towards Jian.

"Daddy's on the phone. Do you want to talk to him?" I ask as I bend down.

"Really? Daddy called? I want to talk to daddy!" Jian excitedly says.

I give him the phone and he quickly snatches it out of my hands. You sure do miss your dad.

I hear a door knock at the door. "Stay here Jian. Mommy will be back okay."

Jian nods and I get up then walk to the door. I answer to see Lufeng which extremely surprises me.

"Hello." Lufeng smiles.

I look behind me to see that Jian is still on the phone. I quickly put my shoes on and close the door behind me which makes Lufeng and I outside of the house. Many questions are rushing through my mind.

"W-what are you doing here? Suddenly." I ask.

"I'm sorry for coming uninvitedly. I wanted to tag along but didn't get to tell you." Lufeng says.

"H-how did you know that I'm here?" I ask.

"I followed you." Lufeng awkwardly smiles.

"You followed me?" I question again.

He nods his head with a smile. I need him to go back. If my mom see's him, she's gonna let him stay here with us.

"Jialia!" Mom says as she exits from the front gate by the side of the house. Speaking of the devil. "Oh! Who's this?"

I scratch my head while Lufeng greets my mom.

"T-this is my friend, Lufeng. Lufeng, this is my mom. Mom, this is Lufeng." I force a smile.

"Ah! You didn't tell me that you were bringing a friend with you. Come inside!" Mom says then guides him inside.

I breathe in and breathe out. What am I gonna do? He came unexpectedly. He confessed to me yesterday. Maybe he's here for his answer because I didn't give him an answer back. He could of text or call me through the phone for the answer. He didn't have to come all the way here.

Xiaoju! Ah! He's gonna be a problem. I just gotta make sure that he doesn't know that he is here. Or else, he's gonna get mad at me. Really really mad. Jian! Is he still on the call with Jian?! I quickly rush inside.