chapter twenty one

Fenfang's POV

I'm standing by the kitchen at Xiaojun's house overhearing Xiaojun and the maids conversation. My fist are balled up. Why? Why does she have to forgive him? What kind of relationship do they have? Don't tell me that they are boyfriend and girlfriend. They can't be that. I left him 4 years ago, h-how can he have one within that timespan. I don't believe that he's moved on from me that fast.

"Xiaojun!" I say as I enter the kitchen interrupting their moment. They have icing on their faces with a surprised face. "What is this? What's your relationship with this girl?"

"W-why are you here?" Xiaojun asks then holds the maid's hands in front of me which makes me even more furious.

"Are you both dating? S-since when did you starting dating her? There's no way that you both are dating right... Xiaojun? You both aren't, right?" I ask.

"We are dating. Her name is Jialia. Not maid." Xiaojun smiles.

"H-how can you forget me so fast? I-I, you didn't forget me. You still love me, right?" I ask, kinda panicking. How can he move on?

"I don't love you anymore. Now excuse us. We have business to do. You can excuse yourself." Xiaojun says then leaves as she holds onto Jialia's hands.

H-he don't love me anymore? The tears starts to fall. How can he love her? How can he not love me? I can't lose to her. I have to win him back because he belongs to me. Not to her.

Jialia's POV

I'm at the cafe with Yuyan.

"My mom wants me to go to the countryside to stay with her for a couple of nights. Are you okay with running the cafe yourself?" I ask.

"Of course. If you can deal with it. I can deal with it. Oh! Your mom's debt. Do you need help with it?" Yuyan says.

"Ah! About that. I was able to help her pay some off with my savings. It's not entirely gone. I think I have to find another job to help pay off her debt as well, Yuyan." I say.

"Don't overwork yourself. It's not good for you. Let me help you with it as well." Yuyan says.

"How else am I gonna help my mom pay off her debt? It's gonna be another life time when we're able to pay it off." I worriedly say.

"I'll help you. I'm always here for you and you're always here for me. I always have your back. I'll help you so that you won't go through it alone." Yuyan smiles.

"I don't want you to get involve in this." I say.

"What did I just say? I'm going to help you whether you like it or not." Yuyan says then leaves the front counter.

Sometimes I wonder without her, what would I do? How would I survive? Who would I rely on?

•••

Later that day when I closed up the shop. I'm helping Meihua around with things she needs. It's sad that her husband was off to work overseas because of business problems. It's okay, I'll help him on his behalf. He does help her when he doesn't work. Their bond is very strong. It's kinda cute.

After taking care of her. I'm off to see how Jian's doing. When I enter his playroom. The lights are off. The tv is playing. I don't see him talking or being hyped. I see Jian sleeping on the couch with a bowl of chips in his arms. I didn't give him chips. Who gave him chips?