14

I busted through the front doors of my house, looking all over for dad. I'm surprised he lied to me actually, since he claims family is so important. It's like he can't accept the way I am, but he's gonna have to learn how too.

"Where's dad?" I went in screaming out at Marcus.

"Why?"

"He has Joey, and he lied to me." I looked at Marcus and he seemed kind of shocked.

"I'm surprised he lied to you-"

"Don't be too fucking shocked Mar. You know how he is, and he doesn't agree to some stuff I do."

"What? That you don't wanna go to college? Other than that what did you do? Fail a class?" He laughed and poured himself a cup of juice. "And why does it matter if he has Joey? What could you have done to him anyways?"

I stood there and just looked at Marcus. He didn't know about the shit I did, he knew very little stuff but his dumbass didn't piece anything he knew together. Little did he know all I did, or what I could do. That I could kill Joey in the worst way possible with no remorse, like I did anyone else.

"Marcus you don't know me, I almost feel like I should really question your common sense."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You've been shown every clue possible that could sum up the obvious fact about me, and you still haven't figured it out."

"What are you talking about?"

"I run the streets, Marcus." He paused and looked up at me. He gave me a confused look then looked away. "I'm one of the biggest dealers in Beverly Hills."

"That can't be true. I smoke plenty weed and haven't heard anything about getting it from you."

"I don't sell much weed, it's more of the hardcore stuff. Plus, people work for me, I don't do the dirty work." He paused again and stared at me with the confusion on his face once again.

"I don't believe you-"

"It's been going on for years. I make top dollar money, all over the Hills. And you said I couldn't do anything to Joey, I can do whatever I want. I don't even have to get my hands dirty while doing it, but since he's caused so much damage I wanna make sure I'm apart of this."

He paused and put his hands on his head in shock. His mouth was open, I was just waiting for a bug to fly in his mouth and make him choke to death, that's how hard it was just to stand there. I turned to my right and seen my dad standing in the doorway.

"Why'd you lie to me?"

"I did it to protect you, and I said I need to handle my own business with him. You need to back out of this Alex."

"I don't need protecting from you, I got this. I been handling shit on my own for years let me continue too. I told you I'm gonna find out where he is."

"You won't find out, this is something I gotta take care of."

"Dad, you're apart of the reason she's like this. Don't you feel like she deserves to finish what someone started with her? You helped create the person she is now, look at our entire family."

"I just told you this the other day, stop running away from the monster you helped create. You might as well use it to your advantage, I know what I'm doing dad."

He paused and looked at both of us, with a face full of no emotion as usual, so we didn't know what he could've been thinking. He turned around and left out the kitchen, and I heard the front door close after a few minutes.

"Maybe he's gotta think about it." Marcus said as he walked over to me. "That's a lot to sink in, especially if you got one of your own kids living how you once lived or still lived, and he knows his choices and ways of life isn't the safest, you're his only daughter. He probably expected that shit out of me, people barely expect it out of a girl. Cause shit, you got me shocked as hell." He said before he left the kitchen, going back upstairs to his room.

Maybe he was right, since none of them knew about it, to my knowledge I don't think my mom knows yet. I been so caught up with this constant shit with Joey and my dad that I haven't been keeping up with my own shit, I gotta get back to my streets, and getting my money. Cause at the end of the day money is more important than any irrelevant people trying to get in my way, but the situation wih Joey will never be over, I will do as I promised.