18

We stayed quiet and watched the person walk in the door, it was Joey. The whole place was dark, but because the light from the windows were shining in his direction, we could see him perfectly. He started walking around the place, that's how you know he didn't see us, he stopped when he looked too the right of the room and there sat Natalie.

"Alex, I came here for you." Joey said taking out a gun, but he wasn't pointing it in my direction. He pointed the gun at Natalie, I guess it was so dark that he couldn't even see that she wasn't me. We could hear Natalie wiggling in the chair and trying to scream through the tape, but what she was trying wasn't enough, he pointed his gun and shot her dead center in the head. Blood splattered everywhere, and was just gushing from her head while he started walking closer and closer over to where she was, then he eventually dropped the gun acter he realized who it was.

Zee snuck right up behind him, and kept his gun on Joey. I crawled from under the table and he was in shock to see us.

"Do you really think I would be tied up in my own place?"

"I didn't see that. I can't believe I just did that."

"And I got it all on tape." Zee said cutting the video mode off of his phone.

"Do you know you're one of the most wanted people right now in the streets and you aren't even dead yet? Since I got you now, I'm not gonna kill you easily. That would be no fun."

"You aren't gonna kill me at all." He said walking to Natalie's dead body.

"I will, but first I gotta congratulate you on killing Natalie, you did something I sure as hell wasn't about to get my hands dirty with."

"I didn't mean too, that bullet wasn't meant for her."

"Well you took something I loved right? You can say I returned the favor. Except you did the work for me." He looked over at her body and I grabbed Natalies phone and looked for her dad's name, he looked like he wanted to shed a tear but he didn't.

"The fuck are you doing? You can't call him."

"I can."

"But you'd be going down too."

"Not necessarily Joey." I added going through her phone. "They know that she was talking with Zee, and they know Zee is one of my friends. Plus he got you on tape. I know how to sell a good story."

"You should wait." Zee said.

"I am, remove the tape and all that off of her so they won't suspect one of us. I gotta make a phone call." I said to Zee, then walking around to the other side of the room. I got my phone out and looked for my dad's number. Since I found Joey and we both want him dead, we gotta talk over some stuff and hopefully he'll even be willing to do that.

"I found who you're looking for."

"Who?"

"You know who."

"Where was he?"

"Look, don't worry about that. There's a twist to all this."

"Which is?"

"He killed Giano's daughter. Natalie."

"How do you know this? Where was this? How you even sure it's her?"

"She made it clear to me a few nights ago who she was. She came to me making threats saying she was gonna kill me, and all this shit we know is impossible. So I did what I had to do, but he killed her, Zee got it on his phone."

"Where are you?"

"I'm at this empty building a few streets away from where you stay at. Tall one, about 12 stories high and there's no lights on. You'll see my car parked a few blocks down."

"Why did Joey go there anyway? Did he do something to you?"

"I'm not even gonna tell you that right now, just get here."

"I'm on my way-" Before I could finish the conversation with my dad, I heard another gunshot. I turned around and seen Zee on the ground, holding his leg, and could hear Joey running down the stairs of the building. I didn't hear anything while I was on the phone, until I heard the shot.

"What happened?!"

"Just go! Go after him before he get's away I'm good!" As long as I knew he was alright, I knew I could leave. I ran my way down the stairs, almost tripping and falling a few times. I finally got to the last floor and then I seen him. He was standin in the doorway, pointing his gun at me.

"You made me kill the last person I had." He said in an angry tone. But just like Joey, I had a gun too. I pointed mine at him aswell and we stood in this stance for a good while.

"You killed one of the people I loved the most."

"He was after me, so I did what I had too. You do the samething with people who are after you. Then he came out and changed your mind about me.

"No, I just finally realized the truth. You kill people who did nothing to you and you told on a lot of people. Just like Natalie, you guys belonged together. Rats travel in packs don't they? You're lucky I don't kill you right here, but because so many people wanna turn to pull the trigger on your low life ass I'd rather just wait." We stood here for a while, until he decided to do it. He pulled the trigger, but nothing was in it.

"I wasn't gonna kill you Alex, see it's empty." I shook my head and put my gun down.

"I knew you weren't, you can't kill me anyways." He laughed and looked right at me.

"You think so?" And after that the last thing I seen was him rush at me, with a needle in his hand. I felt a pinch on the side of my neck, collapsed and that was it. I blacked out.