4

Before I knew it I was on top of Jasmine, throwing punches from left to right. Then I felt a pair of arms pick me up from behind but I didn't know who it was. Then all I could hear was Jasmine yelling, "she's crazy, she's crazy!" Maybe she had me fucked up with herself, she was crazy. I was still kicking though, and kicked her in the face a few times before they rushed and brought me into a room.

"Put me down!" I screamed and punched on the person who was holding me.

"Alright calm down then!" I knew it was Austin right away. I squeezed out of his arms. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Why did you even tell me to come? I'm not dealing with your bullshit Austin, and the hoes that come along with it."

"Stop talking!" He grabbed onto my body tight and pulled it against his. But no, this shit wasn't going to work. Not this time. I pushed him with all my force making him fall back against the wall. He looked over at me.

"No you're gonna fuckin' listen to me Austin." I said backing away sitting down on his bed. I knew we were in his room because of the dark blue walls and the bare oakwood floor. "Why would you invite me somewhere, if you know she was gonna be here? Then you just stand there while she was saying whatever she wanted to me. I know you can't control your little started-off side chick, then girlfriend once we stopped messin' around, to whatever the fuck she is now to you. You may not have the ability to control her ass but I do, and trust me it could've been real worse. But I don't shoot bitches over a guy. Ain't none of you worth it, and just so we clear I didn't fight her over you either. She was saying disrespectful shit trying to call me out my name, that's why." I was still shaking a bit, because I was still mad but I calmed down some.

"Are you done now?" He said walking over towards me.

"See you always do that," I said standing up right in front of him. "Whenever I say how I feel, it's like you just fuckin' ignore it. I don't know why I say how I feel in the first place you don't care. To be fuckin' honest I don't either."

He looked down at me for a few seconds until he finally said something. "She's nothin' to me, and if anybody is leaving it's gonna be her. You ain't leaving. If I cared about anything she said why ain't I out there on her side?"

"The hell I am leaving. I don't care if she left too, I'm still leaving."

Then he lightly pushed me on the bed and laid his body between my legs. "You're not leaving." He stared at me and kissed my lips slowly and trailed his lips down my neck. But this time, it wasn't about to work.

"Austin, I'm not doing this." I pushed him off of me and got up. I looked in his mirror and took the bun down and fixed my hair. "When I said I don't care about all of this, it's probably true. You know love isn't my strong suit. I'm a street girl, money is my first love. I was taught that as a kid. I don't need your half assed feelings thrown at me."

"But I'm not lying to you how I feel-"

"Save it Austin. I just don't give a fuck anymore and I'm not about to pretend I do. Like I said, money is a drug and I'm addicted. I don't care about being in relationships and all that shit, I just don't." I opened the door letting myself out his room. Twizzy and Zee were near by just incase.

"You good now?" Twizzy asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine but I'm leaving." I looked at both of them and made my way out the crowd of people and went out the front door. Apparently they still started the party without Austin around, and despite what has happened. There was no sign of Jasmine, and I'm glad there wasn't. I got in my car and took a long deep breath, then I heard my phone ring, I can never get a break. It was my mom.

"Mom? What's wrong?" I said answering the phone.

"When you get home we need to talk." I thought about shit I've done recently but there's nobody around to tell my mom what she didn't know. I know my brother half ass knew but he wouldn't snitch me out like that.

After a long pause I finally replied with "About what?"

"Your dad, he might be getting out soon." I sat the phone on my lap and had to think this out. My dad wasn't aware about what I was doing, at least as far as I know, since he did have people out here watching the streets still. I don't know how any of this would be taken once one of them found out, but I wouldn't be surprised if they already knew. I picked the phone back up to see if she was still there.

"Alright, I'll be home in a few. There's a few things I gotta do first then I'll be there." I hung up and drove off, I was driving around my spots to see how things were going, and I needed to see one person specifically about the night Red died. I stopped my car on the street he was on and flagged him down. He came in the car and I drove off so I wouldn't be on the scene.

"You need somethin' boss?" He said looking over at me.

"You don't gotta call me that, call me Alex," I drove until I got to a parking lot not to far from the street. "But yeah I do need something Ant. I need you to tell me what happened that night you was with Austin, Joey, Red, and the rest of them." I had lit a blunt that was left in my ashtray and began smoking it. It was something well needed right now.

"Man, I remember that shit clear as day," He said shaking his head. "But who did they say did it? Cause you know I been laying low ever since that night. He was my boy. I been tryin' to lay low so I wouldn't kill the person who did it.

"Their saying it was Austin." I said blowing the smoke out slowly and clearing the ashes off. He looked at me with a dazed, confused look.

"It wasn't Austin. Austin didn't have nothing on him that night. You know it was Joey right? The gun, everything. It was Joey." I shook my head, not because I didn't want it to be Joey, but because I now know he lied to me about it all, then tried to pin it on Austin.

"I believe it. I'm not to shocked but don't worry about it your word is my word. Nobody will know it came from you." I took a last puff from my blunt and was putting it out, then from the corner of my eye I seen him take a cell phone out and passed it to me.

"There's a video from that night, all you need is right here. I wasn't the only one who was video taping so they can't pin it down on me. Imma go now it you need anything else let me know." He got out the car and I watched him fade down the street from out the mirror.

I started the video and seen everything. Girls they was all over, the other guys that was there, and Red's last moments. Then it got to the midpoint, and Joey had his gun out. At that moment I knew it was him. I paused the video and backed up out the parking lot and sped off. I tried calling him, but it went to voicemail, and it was late so he was probably sleep.

"Joey we need to talk so call me back when you can."

I can't believe he lied to me. I found out so much within one night, and finally got the truth about the night Red died since no one was trying to give me the truth. But I know once I seen Joey it was the end of him, believe me.