20

Joey

"Make sure you keep an eye on them, I can't have neither of them dead, Natalie's already dead and if this plan doesn't work I'm going down by three powerful people and I'm not trying to do that." I hung up, and drove into the driveway of where Natalie's family lived. On my way there I thought about everything I've gotten myself into, but when people cross me I cross back.

I knocked on the door and a guy opened it and looked down at me. "Can I help you?" He was tall, and big with a scary look on his face.

"Yeah I got some news to tell you. You're Natalie's dad right?"

"Yeah, call me Gio."

"Can I come inside?"

"Nah, I don't need you in my house."

"She's dead." He made a confused look and closed the door and stood out and looked me directly in the face.

"Who?"

"Natalie. She was killed and I seen it right in my face. I know exactly who did it too."

"Where's your proof?"

"She's in that abandoned building on the southside of boulevard, second one once you turn that corner, I know the names of the people who did this." He laughed and shook his head, then I felt a gun hit up against the side of my head.

"Now, this game you're playing, you ain't playing it right. It's funny cause I just got the same call from Manny, saying you killed her. He had all the proof I needed." I paused and stood there, how could he know this shit before I could even get here to tell him? But Alex's dad knows it all, he's got people in every corner that you least expect it.

"For you to even come to my house, show your face at my doorstep, and tell me where my daughters body was after you killed her is a bold move. I don't know what side here is bullshitting me, but I'm going to find out."

"I'm telling you the truth-" I stopped because he moved the gun away from my head, and an all black truck was pulling up.

"You get in this truck when it pulls up. I moved my gun, cause if you do anything stupid like think about running off, there's some very powerful ass guys in that truck that will shoot you dead after your first step. You're young, and you just got yourself in a dangerous game."

Alex

"It was me." I said trying to look out the small window at the guys face.

"What you want?" That was a stupid ass question, seeming they only come here when we need to use the bathroom.

"I'd like a bath, some new clothes and a McDouble with a large fry while you're fucking at it. What the hell you think I want?" The guy unlocked the four locks and opened the door.

"I don't need your fucking sarcasm. Let's go." He said grabbing my arm and pulling me out. He locked Kiera back inside and he held onto my arm tightly.

"Is this arm holding really neccessary? Where the fuck am I gonna go, down the hall to the damn sewer?"

"What did I fucking say? You shut up, and walk with me." He said as he grabbed my arm tighter. I was looking around to see if I recognized where he had us exactly, and I couldn't really recognize a thing, but something about this place I feel like I know it. On the way there it was nothing but dark caves with mold and bugs everywhere.

"Here's it is, there's a the light right there. You got ten minutes." He said shutting the door and locking me in there.

I turned and looked around, the bathroom was quite bigger than our shitty ass hole we were stuck in. The toilet was disgusting, rusted and filthy, guess I'll be going on the floor whenever I really have to go. The sink was full of mold and bugs crawling from out the drain. There were no windows at all, not vents, all of this was literally built under the ground. I looked at the walls and seen words and messages from previous people that were in here. Some said, "You'll never get out", "This is where it ends". I came across one that I found familiar though, it was my dad's handwriting and he even left his signature, this must've been the same place my dad escaped from. It said, "Under where you sleep is the answers." I knew that story and how he did it like the back of my hand. He told me exactly what 'under where you sleep is the answers' meant.

I took a piece of the roll of toilet paper and turned on the water in the sink, just so he'd think I actually went.

"What's taking you so long? You got one more-"

"Minute I know, one more fucking minute." I said throwing the paper on the floor and knocking on the door. He opened it and put me infront of him and held my arm again, and I did nothing but smirk all the way back to the room, cause I knew I had a way out of this place.

He threw me back in the room and poked his head out the door. "Do you need to go?"

"I'm good." Kiera said sitting back against the wall. He shut the door and we heard all four locks lock. After that I was moving all the junk, and lifting every sheet and blanket there was. "What are you doing?"

"My dad was locked in here before, he escaped. Somewhere in here he has the answers. In the bathroom he wrote, 'under where you sleep is the answers'. I'm thinking he couldn't put it in simpler terms, so it means somewhere on the bed." I said clearing off the bed until it was bare mattress.

"I seen that, I was trying to figure ot what it meant too trust me. I looked under those sheets and on that mattress, the pillow."

"Then if you already looked here there's only one more place possible." I said getting off the mattress and pulling it out. "Grab that other side. On the count of three we're gonna lift this shit." She grabbed the other side and we counted down to three, leaning the mattress against the wall. It was a small hole in the mattress with a notebook, and written in black marker all over the bottom of the mattress was directions for the way out.

"This notebook has the same thing written in here, with a couple more things." Kiera said flipping through the pages. "That was smart cause I wouldn't of thought of that."

"We gotta read this all out and plan it. Be ready to get no sleep." I said looking at the words on the mattress, I wonder how my dad even figured this out, or where he got the answers from.

"I'd be lucky if I got an hour of sleep a week in this hell hole honestly. The directions are more detailed in the notebook, so I think we got everything we need in here." And just like he said, there was all our answers.