22

The truck speeded faster towards us and I stood up, trying to drag Kiera to the side of the street. "Bitch get up!"

"What happened?!" She yelled out and looked over in the direction of the truck and crawled her way over to the side. We were walking for hours underground in dirty ass tunnels, of course we had no strength to get up and run. So who ever it was, we were caught. "Who is it?"

"I have no idea." We both sat there and watched the truck speed right over to us, and it stopped. For a couple minutes the truck just sat there, and then one of the back doors flew open. "Dad?"

"Alex, what happened? How did you get out? Are you okay? Do I gotta go blow the whole underground to pieces?"

"Wow it's amazing how much emotion is coming out of you right now." I said shockingly looking at my dad, since he was always the one to show little to no emotion. I stood up and helped Kiera up, and helped her get in the truck. "That's Kiera, you remember her right?"

"Yeah I do, she was with you?"

"She was there when I got there, she's been there for months but I'll explain that later. Take me to Joey." I said and before I got in the truck my dad grabbed and hugged me.

"I'm just glad you're alright, I was gonna set this whole city on fire if I found out you were dead."

"Aww how sweet, that must be your way of saying you love me. Love you too dad." I said laughing and getting in the truck, and as soon as we got in it sped off.

"I got the video to Gio, he's not happy about it. You know no one wants to see their child being killed on camera especially no one in the lifestyles we live. Joey tried to say it was fake."

"Of course he did, with flat out proof he still wanted to say it was fake. We better even hope he's alive by the time we get there." I said shaking my head.

We finally pulled up to the place he was supposedly being held at. My dad had his people go in first to check everything, but they came out and said no one was in there.

"What do you mean nobody is in there? Find them!" My dad said getting on the phone with some more of his people to ask if they've seen Joey or Gio.

"No one was in there, shit was messy like there was some type of fight." The guy that drove us here had said. Then I seen my dad open the door and get out talking on his phone. I could hear him arguing with someone, and then it grew to silence. I guess he was listening in on the other end.

"I did you a favor by bringing you your daughters killer, and you slow minded fucks let him get away?" He said before he hung up and hopped in his truck. "They lost him, all those people with guns in that tiny ass room, and they lost him. They took their eyes off him for a second and he was gone. He's like a fucking jack rabbit you can't shoot in a field."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I said rolling my eyes and scratching my head. This fucker mad me furious, the fact that he was still alive and walking freely after killing people and not getting caught. "Try his house, the basement." I said as we pulled off.

"Why do you think he's there?" Kiera said looking at me. "Wouldn't that be the last place he would ty and go?"

"Probably not, he's pretty stupid so he'd go home. I wanna go in there by myself though."

"I'm not letting you do that." My dad said looking at me.

"You are, I've done worse so don't even try to hold me back from this." He stayed silent and we finay pulled up into his driveway. I looked out the window and could see the bottom window to the basement lit up, like someone was in there. "I got this."

"If I feel like I need to go in, I'm going in."

"Alright." I said putting a gun on the side of the waist of my pants and a knife on the other side. I walked to the back and picked through the locked backdoor, and made my way inside. I knew he stayed in the basement most because when we used to be friends, this is where we would always go. I creeped down the basement stairs as quietly as I could, and I could hear him talking on the phone with someone, so I stopped and stayed there just to listen in.

"Yeah, Chicago. I've gotten myself in deep shit here and a lot of people are after me. I'm not gonna discuss this over the phone, so just know I'll be going to the airport soon." He said hanging up the phone. Chicago? He was really trying to run off after all the shit he pulled? I started walking down the stairs more, he still hasn't seen me since he was standing by the wall. I made my way over to him quietly and put my arms around him, a lightbulb switched on in my mind as I just thought of a good plan.

"Don't you miss me Joey?" I said stroking his shoulder and he jumped and tripped, falling back onto a chair.

"You- how did you get out? How are you even-"

"Shh.." I said staring at him and stroking his face. "Don't worry about that, don't you wanna get back to where we used to be Joey? I don't like how things ended off, don't you want your problems to just go away?" I said sitting on his lap. Inside I was disgusted but in my mind I knew this was the best way to get to him, he was stupid enough to believe anything.

"Yeah, I do. But I know you Alex, everyone knows you. You're probably just faking-" He said but started to fade off when I kisses the side of his neck.

"Well, that whole underground experience made me think." I said looking him straight in the eyes, but spoke in a sarcastic tone. "It made me realize how maybe you were the one all along, the one who's side I should've been on. Maybe, Austin was someone I barely knew and not you." I laughed as I proceeded to go on with the lies I was filling his head with.

Like the gullible, stupid ass he is he said, "I knew yku would come to your senses at some point-"

"Wait, I'm not done. I mean, I could've looked at it that way if I was a cloud minded, clueless in love bitch, but love is a sick twisted thing you know? You fuck people over, you lie. Just like you did me." He was looking confused and I laughed, quickly pulling out my knife from the side of my pants and stabbing him in the stomach. "Revenge is a sweet fucking thing isn't it Joey?" I got up and kept the knife there, and walked back some grabbing my gun. "You've gotta be fucking stupid to think I was going to be on your side after all you done to me, and my best friend."

"Austin got what he deserved." He said struggling and taking deep, hard breaths. He tried standing, but he was standing up slightly wobbly, blood oozing out from where the knife was. "You bitch, you won't pull it- Austin never cared for you anyways."

"That's where you're wrong. He cares for me and I cared for him. Did we love eachother, I don't know cause I don't know what that feels like. But I cared for him." A tear started to race down one side of my face when I said those words, but he wasn't about to make me weak. I pointed the gun directly at him and he laughed and fell to the floor on his knees, with his hands over the spot where the knife was. A whole bunch of emotions were rushing to my mind at once but I stood there, I heard footsteps coming from up the stairs and then felt a pair of arms come up from behind me. They put their hands on mine, and that's when I realized it was my dad.

"I'm gonna help you pull the trigger on this son of a bitch." He said as we both had our finger on the trigger, but then we heard the basement door bust open and a whole bunch of cops fleeing down the flight of stairs.

"Freeze!"