Chapter 3- Body Trade

Draco stared at the page, eyes wide. He re-read it over and over. Harry James Potter. Harry James Potter. Harry James Potter. This could only have one true explanation, he was in Harry James Potter's body. He took a deep breath, attempting to calm his nerves. He also came to a realization that this meant Potter must be in his body. He decided he needed to be Potter for a day to avoid any suspicion. Draco grabbed Potter's glasses from the wooden bedside table and slipped them onto his face. His vision became clear, and he could finally see the world surrounding him. He attempted to tie up the boys heavy hangings, but kept failing as they wouldn't stay. He let out a small 'hmph' in frustration and decided it wasn't worth trying. He quickly found a grandfather clock sitting in the corner of the room. It read 7:59 AM. He was very, very late for breakfast. He searched around for Potter's trunk and soon found it underneath his raised bed. Inside was unorganized and it made Draco cringe. He found the Gryffindor's robes and changed into them. They fit rather loosely around him compared to Draco's robes. He slipped out of the dormitory and into the common room. It was large and welcoming. There was a elegant fireplace with scarlet armchairs, wooden bookshelves filled with various sizes and colors of books, paintings of proper looking people, and the walls all had red wallpaper with gold designs of lions all over them. Draco felt slightly jealous, for the Slytherin common room was cold and boring compared to the Gryffindor's. He found a mirror with a gold frame perched on a nearby wall, and his reflection verified that he was definitely Potter. Draco tried to fix his hair a little, but it just kept poofing up into a fluffy mess. He sighed and crawled out of the circular portrait hole leading to the empty corridors. He soon realized he had no idea where he was, but to his surprise he spotted Granger walking down the hallway.

"Harry, hi!" she smiled as she spotted him standing there awkwardly.

"Uh, hi." Draco replied slowly, trying to seem nice while on the inside, he was seething.

"I was just going to get you then head to the Great Hall."

"Y-yes, that's where I was just going to go."

"Great, let's go then." she smiled broadly, taking his arm.

Draco winced and forced a smile. He had never been more uncomfortable in his life. Luckily, he was good at masking, so he seemed convincing. He wondered how Potter was doing being him.

Once they entered the Great Hall, Draco's eyes immediately darted to Potter, him meeting halfway. They stared at each other in confusion, and Draco didn't know if Potter could read his lips, but he mouthed, Meet me in the supply closet.

Draco sat down next to Granger, and to his relief, she let go of his arm. Weaslette was sitting on the other side of the table, her back facing the Slytherins. Draco kept his eyes on Potter, staring him down very intently. He seemed to be doing an okay job at being him, but he looked a little uncomfortable as all of Draco's friends cackled around him. Draco quickly noticed Weasley hadn't joined them at the table, and instead he was sitting all the way at the other end, his face red from laughing with Longbottom and Finnigan. The fire-haired boy caught Draco's eye and glared at him. Draco couldn't help but do his usual sneer in return. He wondered why Weasley was being so rude to Potter, for they had always been the best of friends since the first day at Hogwarts. He frowned, looking back to Potter, or should he say, himself. The bell rung and Draco quickly hopped up, ready to go meet Potter in the supply closet.

"Harry? Aren't you going to Charms?" Granger asked before he got the chance to even get a foot away.

"Oh, yeah I'll meet you there I just have to, um, do something really quick." He quickly replied. She nodded, and at that, Draco rushed out of the Great Hall and into the supply closet. He pushed open the door and found himself standing in there already.