Chapter 18: In New York

They sailed to New York with the gang just in a small lifeboat behind the ship. The circus was set up and the circus animals prepared for the show.

"Come, everybody. We have show to do," Vitaly said.

"But how do I go on without Marty?" Stefano sniffled as Gia comforted him.

"Stefano," Vitaly started.

"I don't know what to do," Stefano mumbled.

"You can still do cannon solo," Vitaly assured.

"But...I want to do solo act with Marty!" Stefano sobbed.

"And what do I do? Go back to sitting and standing and rolling over?" Gia asked.

"No. We can do impossible! And we never go back to way we used to be," Vitaly told them.

"The way it used to be isn't the way it was. And it won't be the same without them, whatever way it is," Stefano exclaimed, not making much sense.

"And what about Y/N? We know you love her, Vitaly. What can we do?" Gia asked Vitaly.

"I don't know. But we'll figure out," Vitaly assured.

Meanwhile, the gang, plus King Julien, made it to the gates of the Central Park Zoo, just looking at their former home with confliction.

"Well...we're here," Gloria said.

"Home," Marty breathed.

"Huh. My rock looks smaller than l remember it," Alex mentioned.

"Look at the mural. Doesn't actually capture the real thing, does it?" Marty added.

"Wow. I forgot about that wall in between us, Melman. Was that always there?" Gloria wondered sadly with Melman agreeing with her.

"Our home doesn't feel like home to me. Probably not to you guys either," Y/N admitted.

Then Marty looked among his friends, seeing how sad they were and thinking this was his fault.

"Guys, I'm sorry I ever left the zoo in the first place," Marty apologized.

"What do you mean?" Alex asked, facing his friend.

"I mean, if I had just stayed put, we wouldn't have anything to be sad about right now," Marty clarified.

Alex just looked at his friend before a small smile formed on his face.

"Leaving the zoo was the best thing that ever happened to us," Alex said.

"Really?" Marty asked.

"Yeah. Out there, in the world, we were really living," Alex pointed out.

"Yeah!" King Julien exclaimed.

"It was exciting!" Alex started.

"It was romantic," Gloria added.

"It was dangerous," Melman replied.

"I never felt so alive!" Marty shouted happily.

"It was an amazing experience!" Y/N cheered as she spun around.

"When we were with the circus, we were already home. I only wish we'd realized that sooner," Alex told them.

"I'm really going to miss those guys," Melman said sadly.

"Me too," Y/N did the same, thinking of Vitaly.

"What do you say we go back?" Ale suggested.

"Really?" Gloria asked as they all brightened up at the suggestion.

"I'm with you!" Marty said.

"I'm in!" Y/N replied excitedly.

"But what do we tell them?" Melman wondered.

"We make it right by telling them how wrong we were," Alex answered.

"It's worth a shot," Y/N agreed.

"And if we go down in flames, so be it!" Alex stated like Vitaly before getting a tranquilizer dart to the forehead.

"Yes, let's do this!" Gloria said as some got her.

"I like it!" Melman added until the same result happened.

"Yeah, yeah!" Marty cheered when he and King Julien got hit too.

"Oh no," Y/N said in shock.

"Is my neck getting longer?" Melman asked like he was drunk.

"Feel my fur. It's so soft," Alex said the same way.

"It is soft," Gloria agreed like that.

"I'm like a candy cane in a black and white movie," Marty replied the same as he, Gloria, and Melman fainted.

"Oh, no. Dubois," Alex said as he pulled the tranquilizer dart out of his forehead then fainted in his friends.

"Sonya, I miss you, baby! I miss my stinky bear! Babe...your fishy kisses!" King Julien said as he walked off like a drunk man who just came out of a bar.

Then Dubois and her men appeared out of nowhere.

"This is bad," Y/N said to herself as she got in front of her family.

"Surprise!" Dubois smirked, looked over Alex, then declared, pulling out a saw, "He will never fit in the carry-on. But his head will!"

"Back up!" Y/N ordered threateningly, which made Dubois back up a bit.

Then the zookeepers appeared at the gates to see the animals on the ground.

"Hey!" a male zookeeper yelled.

"Qu'est-ce que c'est?" Dubois asked before hiding the saw behind her back.

"Look! Look what she's done! You brought back Alex the Lion!" the same male zookeeper exclaimed happily.

"It's a miracle!" a female zookeeper thanked.

"Thank you! Thank you!" the male zookeeper thanked.

"Oh man," Y/N remarked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh snap!