Chapter 5: So Called "Laying Low"

(A/N SURPRISE! I edited a couple more chapters! I hope you like them.)

Gia was behind a divider, pretending be an announcer for her own trapeze act, while Alex went up to listen.

"Ladies and gentlemen, presenting Gia, the trapeze-flying jaguar! And there she go. The triple-flip roll with a double leap, and..."she said until Alex fell through the paper, making her scream and demand, "What are you doing?!"

"That's just paper," he commented before getting up and chuckling nervously.

"Were you spying on me?" Gia asked.

"No! I just came by to say that I don't want you to think..." Alex started, fell, then continued as he got up, "I don't want you to think of me as some sort of authority figure."

But he ended up falling again while knocking over some hula hoops.

"Don't worry. I don't," Gia giggled slightly.

"You don't?" Alex wondered.

"Not at all," she repeated.

"Well, the other circus animals might find me a bit intimidating," he admitted.

"No. Nobody is intimidated at all by you," Gia assured.

"Oh, good stuff. Good. Good news," Alex replied.

"In fact, I do not think they have given you a second thought since you showed up," she continued.

"That's good to hear," he nodded, putting some hula hoops back.

"If anything, they're starting to feel sorry for you," Gia finished.

"Okay, I get it. Okay?" Alex responded.

After he dropped the hula hoop, they both bent down to pick it up, but they bumped heads.

"Is there more?" she asked.

"I just wanted to thank you for letting us get on the train back there," he thanked.

Gia smiled at that.

"I know the big cat with the accent wasn't so excited about us getting on," Alex continued, mocking Vitaly a bit.

Then her smile disappeared. She then used the hula hoop to bring Alex close.

"Look, lion guy. This circus means everything to us. And if you do anything that threatens this circus, you will have to answer to me. Capisce?" she lightly threatened.

"I capisce, cool. Trust me, we're cool," Alex nodded, leaning against some rope. 

Then the rope unfastened, sending him in the air before landing in Gia's arms. Then the divider fell down and the other animals stared at them. In response, Gia dropped Alex.

"Whoa," Y/N commented.

"You call this laying low?" Marty asked.

Meanwhile, as King Julien and Sonya were finishing their date, Dubois tried to go after them, but all it did was get her arrested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, that happened.