Chapter 13: Leaving for London

Alex and Gia were up on a platform ready to do trapeze, but Alex was beyond nervous.

"Okay. All right," he breathed in a bit while looking down.

"So when do we get the jet packs and aquatic cobras?" she asked in excitement.

"This is a beginners' class, and that's a pretty advanced maneuver," he pointed out.

"Okay, how do we begin?" Gia asked.

"It's a bit complicated unless you understand the whole pitch and yaw, arc, and gravity. All that stuff, which l won't bore you with. Okay," Alex explained then breathed nervously as he prepared to jump.

"Do you need a push?" she wondered.

"No," he answered.

Gia giggled at that.

"Just watch and learn!" Alex told her.

She then gently pushed him and he swung then clumsily flipped to the next one before grabbing onto the other platform with his teeth. Gia followed suit, but did it more skillfully.

"Like that?" she asked.

"That's one way of doing it, sure," he seemed to agree.

Then Alex accidentally let go of the platform and launched himself toward another line, but he hit his head on it, bounced off the net, then used his tail to keep him from falling off the line.

"You use the net!" Gia replied in amazement.

"Yes! Trapeze Americano. We use the net," Alex chuckled

Then Gia did what Alex did, but again more skillfully.

"Trapeze Americano!" Gia cheered.

They continued doing tricks on the lines, getting everyone's attention. Even one enjoyed ramming into one of the poles that supported the platforms. They enjoyed watching the scene before them.

"Look at him go!" one of the puppies commented.

Then when Alex flipped and attempted to grab the next line, he missed and started falling to the ground. But Gia caught him and they landed on the platform. Gia almost fell off until Alex caught her, they spun, then stopped with Alex dipping her. She laughed a bit as he helped her up.

"Wow!" Gia exclaimed as they held paws.

Then Marty was blasted from a cannon and knocked into them, causing them all to fall and bounce on the net. The others gathered around and laughed and cheered in delight.

"E bravo! Bravissima! Vitaly, maybe you even do two hoops, no?" Stefano suggested to the Russian tiger.

Vitaly was soon more nervous about doing his stunt.

Then Alex got down, Skipper pulled him and Y/N to the side.

"Señorita Bell-bottoms. Tenemos una problema grande," Skipper told them in Spanish.

"Muy grande?" Y/N asked, doing the same.

"Qué? Qué grande problema?" Alex wondered, doing it also.

Then they disguised themselves as flowers and looked over a hillside with those same flowers as they looked to see Dubois and her men still on their trail.

"Oh, no! She's onto us!" Alex yelled, making Y/N smack him upside the head, his response being, "Ow. What the heck?!"

"Shut it!" she scolded quietly.

"Yeah. Don't make it any easier on the psycho," Skipper added.

"What are we gonna do?" Alex whispered.

"We'd better vamoose. Pronto," Skipper said.

"But we're not ready. We're in the middle of rehearsals," Alex pointed out.

"Then why don't you lilt over, grab your peduncle, and kiss New York good-bye?" Skipper remarked.

"Al, it doesn't look like we have much of a choice. I think these guys have what it takes with what they've learned so far," Y/N pointed out

Reluctantly, Alex agreed and they packed up the stuff in the train.

"Are you sure we are ready?" Stefano asked.

"Of course we're ready! Born ready! Ready steady! Come on, let's go! Let's go, go, go, go, go!" Alex insisted quickly.

The penguins then sounded the horn on the train.

"Grab your luggage and drain your bladders. It's going to be a long ride!" Skipper announced.

The animals got on the train, Alex helping Gia on board.

"All right, everybody, let's blow that promoter away!" Alex declared.

They all cheered as the train made its way toward London.

Meanwhile, Vitaly opened his cabinet of hoops, which made his fear of going through the hoops on fire grow more. The sound of the crowd cheering his name haunted him, making him slam the cabinet doors shut and breathe heavily.

'I can't do this,' he thought to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, this ought a be fun. Lets get to London.