Chapter 17: Explanation

Y/N went up to Vitaly's train car, nervous of what he was going to say when he saw her. She approached the door before hesitating, but eventually knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Vitaly asked.

"It's Y/N. Can I come in?" Y/N wondered.

There was a long pause, making her sigh and she started walking away.

"Yes," he answered, making her stop.

She went back and went inside. She closed the door so they had more privacy. She then turned around to see Vitaly put his things back where they were. He wouldn't look at her.

"Vitaly, can I please explain what happened?" she asked.

"There's nothing to explain. You and your comrads lied to us, saying you were circus just so you can get free ride back to America," he told her, still not looking at her.

"We didn't want to. We've been through a lot since we left the zoo," Y/N replied.

"Why did you leave the zoo in the first place? You could've avoided this whole mess if you all had just stayed there," Vitaly told her angrily, facing her.

"You're right. And we did because Marty wanted to go to the wild and we followed him to get him back. We did that because we care about Marty and we didn't want him to get hurt or worse. We left the place we thought of as home for the longest time so we could get our friend back," she explained.

"You all are noble, but that doesn't mean that lying to us was right," he told her, going back to what he was doing.

Y/N sighed then said, "I already told you we didn't want to."

"But that didn't stop you from doing that. So why didn't you tell us the truth? Why didn't you tell me the truth?" Vitaly asked, turning back around.

"You wouldn't understand," she answered, facing the door.

"Then make me understand! Why didn't you tell me the truth?!" he yelled.

"BECAUSE I LIKE YOU AND IF YOU KNEW THE TRUTH, YOU WOULD PROBABLY HATE ME!" Y/N shouted, looking back at him.

Vitaly looked at her in surprise as the train car filled with silence. She sighed at that.

“I’ve had feelings for you for a while. And as they grew, I was afraid of you knowing the truth,” she told him.

“Y/N—“ he started.

"No, you're right. It would've been better if we never left the zoo. But I'll tell you one thing I don't regret since we did: meeting you," Y/N said on the verge of tears.

She then left the train car, leaving a shocked Vitaly. She couldn't stop the tears from coming down her face. She finally got to tell Vitaly how she felt, but it was when he found out about the lie. It hurt to know she and the others were leaving the circus since she had grown to love ever minute of it. She was sure the others felt the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, that confession was...oof!