Chapter 8

The three men look at each other and smirk while continuing to trap her between them

The three men look at each other and smirk while continuing to trap her between them. She tried to speak to them and laugh it off, eventually, her temper got the best of her.

"Maybe y'all should grow a set and learn how to deal with things that don't go y'all's way." That one sentence only made the men anger and at that moment she wished her temper would have stayed at bay.

"What did you just say?" One man tilts his head to the side, scrunching his eyebrows. Sydney could see the fire in his eyes, causing her to stumble a little as she walked backward.

"I..I said, maybe you should-" Sydney heard the impact before she felt it. It was only seconds until the burning sensation set where he had just slapped her. Her hand instantly shot up to her cheek.

"Maybe you should learn to keep your hands off women" Sydney's eyes snapped from the man who just slapped her, to the group of bikers standing next to them. She sighed with relief and went to rush over to them but was yanked back but the neck of her shirt.

Sydney coughed from the air being knocked out of her. She then felt her back pressed against the man who broke her window. Ink instantly tensed when she was snatched but he wasn't going to get her hurt in the process.

"Why don't we handle this like men. Man to man." Ink walks past his president leaving some of the bikers shocked. Bear was usually the one to negotiate in these situations but Ink took the lead on this one.

"Mmmm. I don't know.." The man holding Sydney oddly inhaled her scent before talking to Ink. Sydney felt her body wanting to cringe and roll into a ball. This has never happened to her while working at the bar. She has pissed off many, many people but not enough for them to hurt her.

"What is it that you want? Hmm? Some more beer? We have some at our bar" Ink remembers Sydney telling him about her cutting him off and getting angry about it so he used that as leverage.

The man holding Sydney looked dead at Ink and nodded slowly as if what Ink was saying was a lie. It wasn't; the MC had a shit ton of beer but the man wasn't getting any.

"Then let her go then me and my brother will take you guys back to our bar and have as many beers as you want" Ink was slowly taking small steps closer to them. The three men were too focus on beer and Sydney to care if he was getting closer.

"I-I don't know. You might be lying" The grip on Sydney's shirt tightened, making her gasp and attempt to pull at the neck of her shirt.

"I'm not! I swear. We have whatever you want back there " Ink started to panic a little but he managed to settle his voice so the man would stay calm and not hurt Sydney any more than he already had.

Ink was still facing the three men so he couldn't see the very shocked and confused faces his brothers still held. Ink was usually the calm and levelheaded one so seeing him all panicky was very new to his brothers.

"Look, let her go and we will handle this"

All three men looked at each other and grinned evilly. "I think we will finish up with her then we'll go grab some beer" he leaned down and placed a drunk kiss on her cheek while stumbling back a little.

Ink was done playing around. His woman was hurting and had blood on her clothes, he wasn't even sure if it was hers.

"Get your hands off of her. Now" Ink's voice held authority and anger. He could hear his brother walking closer and surrounding the three guys so they had nowhere to run. Chains and Agony managed to drag the other two drunk men to the ground.

"I've tried to play nice guy but you've crossed the line" Ink steps even closer to the now shaking man holding Sydney. The man pushed Sydney to the ground before trying to stumble through the bikers which obviously didn't work.

Ink looked at his brothers and nodded letting them know to grab him. When his brothers got the hint, he instantly moved down to Sydney who was laying on the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asks as he starts to check over her body for any serious injuries. Sydney just nodded as she started to sit up slowly. Ink reached out and guided her into the sitting position.

"I just have a couple of scarps and bruises...n-nothing serious" Ink could hear the fear in her voice though she did her best to act normal. He loved her independence and strong headedness she carried but he also wanted to care for her in many ways such as this one.

Sydney kept her gaze from his because she knew as soon as she did the tears she was holding in would escape from her eyes. "Beautiful.." ink voice was soft and low as he moved closer to her trembling form.

"I said..I said I'm fine" Sydney's voice started to become shaky, though she was trying to seem tough she didn't stop Ink from wrapping his arms around her protectively.

"I know you're" Ink knew she wasn't going to admit she wasn't so he played along while he held her body against his. He had moved from his kneeling position into a sitting one next to her so she could cuddle into his.

When ink looked up he noticed a few of his brothers had gone along with the three drunk men. He had no idea where they were taking them and he honestly didn't care at that moment. His women needed him and he was going to be there.

"Come on, brother. We need to leave. I'll have Chains come back for her truck and I've already sent Myth inside to tell her boss she needed to leave for the night" Knuckles informs Ink on what was going on and without a second thought he stood from his position and lifted Sydney into his arms. "Thank you brother"

Ink carried her over to his truck. When he heard the sound of glass breaking he knew his bike was not the best to bring in this situation. As much as he loved his bike, he had a gut feeling he needed his truck for this situation.

"Your house or the compound?" Ink asks her once he placed her into the passenger seat and reached a crossed her to buckle the seatbelt.

"Don't...don't leave me. Please" Sydney hated feeling weak or vulnerable but she was her only source of comfort and that's what she needed.

"I'm not going anywhere, beautiful. Just rest." He leans in and places a soft kiss on the crown of her head. He watched as Sydney moved around in the seat and attempted to get comfortable. As much as he wanted to hop right into the truck and leave, he needed to talk to his brothers. He shut her door and turned to see his brothers waiting for an explanation.