Chapter 4

Sydney pulled into her garage, leaving enough room for Ink before getting out

Sydney pulled into her garage, leaving enough room for Ink before getting out. She sighs once she's out and stretches her legs.

Reaching back into her truck and grabbing her bag so she could get the keys to unlock the door. Ink had been pulling in next to her as soon as she closed her truck door. On her way to the door, which leads into the house she presses the button to close the garage door.

As she was searching for her keys she heard his truck door shut. He was next to her in seconds. "Let me see, beautiful" he takes the bag from her and looks for the keys. Sydney was exhausted. Ink was used to staying up for hours which ideal for his sleep but he manages.

"Thank you" she speaks softly as he looks for the keys. When Sydney was extremely sleepy the sassy and feisty part of her was gone. This was when Ink got to see the sweet and really needy side of her. He didn't mind, taking care of his girl was more than a blessing.

Ink had found the keys in no time and unlocked the door for them. He placed them back in the pocket Sydney always kept them in before wrapping an arm around her and pulling her inside.

"Shower." She says as she walks into the direction of her bathroom. Sydney has a really nice house. Bartending was a good-paying job just long hours of constant serving and dealing with people. Most nights go well but some nights they do have a few people who get pissed about getting cut off from drinking, though the bartender is doing it for their benefit.

Ink didn't have a problem with where she worked, more so on the people, she has to deal with. He's had his fair share of bar scenes but Sydney is a badass, well until she's sleepy then she's a cute puppy but he would never tell her that.

"Hold on" he chuckles as he turns to lock the door then heads to the bedroom with her. They didn't do any funny business as he promised. He knew she was too sleepy. Though the sight of water running down her beautiful, smooth, dark skin made his mouth go dry.

When they got out of the shower, they dried off. Ink pulled a pair of boxers of his bag and put them on. Sydney went to her dresser grabbed a pair of panties and another one of Inks shirts.

"Do you want me to pull your hair up, beautiful?" He asks her knowing she hates sleeping with her hair in her face but she couldn't wear a sleeping cap because it made her head hurt.

The only response he got was a soft 'mhm hmm' as she plopped on the bed beside him. He had already grabbed the brush needed for her hair and a tie they wouldn't break her hair while she slept.

Ink and Sydney sat in the middle of her Queen-sized bed that had a soft white and light blue duvet on it. Ink grabbed the comb and started gently pull it up into a secure bun. Every time he ran his fingers through her soft waves she sighed softly, making him smile.

"All done" he wrapped his large arms around her waist and pulled her back closer into his chest, kissing her cheek sweetly. Her soft legs laid in between his while they sat and held each other.

They were sitting peacefully until Sydney started to move, turning in his lap so she facing him. She moves her legs on the outside of his thighs before reaching up and running her fingering through his long hair. Sydney pulled his hair up then grabbed one of her ties, pulling it into one of his messy man buns.

When she was down she looked down and kissed the tip of his nose then his cheek. "Thank you, little queen" Ink kissed hers back before flipping them over so they were laying on their sides. He pulled the covers from under them and laid them on top before reaching behind him and turning the lamp off.

"Caven?" She snuggled into his chest as he pulls her into his large form.

"Yes, Syd" Ink had already closed his eyes but was tracing invisible shapes over her thigh that he had pulled on top of his hip.

"I wanna be with you" her voice was very low and soft as she spoke. He chuckled at what she said.

"You are with me, baby." He pulls back enough to look down at her. She had sleepy eyes but he could see the sadness written in them even in the moonlit room of hers.

"Cav-" she was about to starts but he stopped her. "I know. I know what you mean. Let's not talk about it right now."

She scoffs softly as she moves her thigh off of him. "You always say that. It's the same thing every time" she rolls her sleepy eyes before turning over to face the window.

"Sydney." He reaches out to pull her closer but she shrugs him off. If he hadn't been listening carefully he would have missed the sound of her sniffling.

"Baby. Don't cry-" he sits up in bed and basically drags her body over to his but his words were cut off and his heart started to pound.

"I told them. About us, I mean." Sydney turns over to look up at him with teary eyes. Her lip started to tremble as she thinks about what her parents said to her.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could have gone with you" he looks down at her with a shocked and hurt expression since he knew this was something she didn't wanna have to go through because of how they always spoke about 'his kind' and her parents were very cruel with words even to their own family.

"You were on a run. They were going on a cruise for a while, I figured it was the best time because it would give them some time to cool off along with some space from me" she looks down like a scolded puppy, making his heart clench.

"I'm sorry I haven't been here for you recently." He sighs while running a hand down his face. He could feel Sydney sit up and sit next to him.

"No, Caven. Me telling you that wasn't some guilty thing, It's me trying to show you that I'm not scared anymore." She moves his hands from his face so he could look at her. "And neither should you be."