Chapter 5

"Syd

"Syd. I am so proud of you for doing that but it's a lot different on my end" Sydney's small smile faltered and she moved back.

"tell me how it's different!" her sleepiness had completely gone away and anger surfaced. She heard Ink sigh, knowing he didn't want to talk about it but it was needed to be talked about.

"it could get you hurt and-" Ink was cut off by Sydney as she turned around to look at him completely.

"And you don't think that hearing my own parents call me cruel names and not even sure if they are going to speak to me anymore when that comes home. Yet if you tell your brothers they will always have your back." Sydney was beyond pissed. He always thought of the negatives. She knew what she was risking but she knew she would be able to have Ink in her life.

"Syd. You're not understanding-" she cuts him off again as she gets up from the bed and starts to pace.

"It's always the same. Rivals. I get it, Cav. But you always tell me how your brothers have your back no matter what wouldn't that include me? Aren't you tired of having to sneak off and watch what you say all the damn time?!" She asks throwing her hands up in frustration.

"Syd. I said not tonight" Ink lays back down on the bed and looks up at the ceiling.

"Yeah...not tonight" she stops pacing and walks over to her bedroom door and walks out, slamming it shut. Ink flinches at the sound and facepalms himself. Sydney was a true hothead. When she was angry, it meant you've really done something fucked up.

She walked into her kitchen and grabbed a beer before heading off onto the back patio. She sat in the lounge chair and sipped on her beer. After two years she felt like had been enough. She was almost 20, she wasn't a baby. Though she will always love her parents, she will always have different beliefs.

Sydney has accepted that her parents are never going to change, but will always try and change her. All that ran through her mind while sitting outside was that conversation with her parents.

"Mama, daddy. I found someone" Sydney was sitting on the couch across from thing. She had gone to visit them when they told her about the trip they were taking.

"What do you mean you found someone, Sydney?" Her mother asks with a confused face while her father looked at her a little shocked by what she had to say.

Sydney takes a deep breath before looking up at them. " I mean...I found a man, that I love." She waited for their reaction but she knew that wasn't all she needed to tell them.

"That's good, Sydney. Who's the lucky man? Where's he from? When can we meet him? Of course, after the trip." Her mom started to ramble on about questions about him.

"Lisa, give the child a chance to answer" her father hushed her mother before turning to look at her. "Go on, girl. Tell us about him."

"I'm going to cut to the point. I'm not doing this for you guys, I'm doing it for me. All that matters is that he is good to me, and takes care of me even if I act stubborn about it" she stares into space and smiles as she thinks about him.

"What are you trying to say, girl?" Her father asks with a little attitude behind it catching Sydney off-guard a little.

"You're talking about that kid we told you to stay away from, aren't you?!" Her mother yells, standing up from her seat. Her husband grabs her arms and tries to pull her back down into the seat. "Let me go, Leroy." She snaps at him.

"Yeah. Him. And I love him." Sydney stands from her seats as well, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What have we told you, girl. Hmm? I thought you would have learned" Lisa yells as she continues to make her way closer to Sydney.

"Not all men, are like him. Because that man left you, does not mean my man will." She says with gritted teeth and soon felt a sting form onto her cheek.

"Don't you speak of that man in this house, young lady!" Lisa's body was shaking with fury as the mention of the man that left her.

"Ally. Ally doesn't even see men that way and that was her father, mama.  Your feeling your heartbreak will angry." Sydney yells as her mother tries to walk away from her. Eventually, Leroy got in between them and pulled them apart.

"It's best you leave. Don't come back until you can apologize to your mother" her father says her and she just scoffs and pushes away.

"I'm not saying sorry for loving someone. Mama knows I'm right. Once upon a time she was in the same boat I am." Sydney grabs her coat and keys before sliding her shoes on. Just before she gets to the door she hears her mother speak up.

"Stupid girl. He doesn't love you! He's going to walk out on you like you're nothing!" Sydney couldn't listen to anymore so she walked out of the house and slammed the door. She could still hear her mother yelling but she hopped into her truck and headed to her job since she started a few hours later.

She had been so deep into thought she hadn't heard Ink come outside and sit beside her. Reaching up she wipes the tears off her cheeks and looks away from him. Lifting the beer up to her lips and drinking some.

"You know what they told me? They told me you would leave me like I was nothing." She scoffs as a few more years fall down her face but she doesn't even bother to wipe them and just drinks her beer.

"Beautiful, you know I would never. It's just complicated" Ink reaches out and grabs the beer from her, taking a sip for himself.

"No, Caven. You don't understand. I'm not sure you will." She looks over at him and sees that his eyes were red as though he had been crying.

"Did you ever really have the intention of telling them about us?" She asks wanting to know the truth, though they were very truthful with each other.

"Yes. Yes, of course, baby. Do you know how bad I want to be able to take you out to restaurants in town on dates or walk around the mall hand in hand? All that cute shit" they both chuckle softly at his words.

"Tell your brothers. If it only stays between your brothers that's fine but damn Caven. It would be nice to kiss my boyfriend at the compound when he is shirtless and has motor grease on his abs, looking all fine and.." Ink covers Sydney's mouth and laughs. He could even hear her laugh from behind his hand.