Parker

Amari stayed in the hospital for three days total. She needed to take it easy. She had cracked ribs and a small skull fracture. Everything else was covered in bruises. And despite her tantrum she was on bed rest until further notice from her OB doc.

Within a week she was moving without pain and in the middle of the second trimester. Since we had double the babies her belly had already started harden and the tiniest of bumps appeared.

I was thrilled watching my babies grow. She was worried I would no longer find her attractive as she grew but it very much had the opposite effect. Knowing this woman was the one to be carrying our family only made her more attractive in my eyes. Not to mention the fuller breasts and rounder hips.

Now that she was feeling better I wanted to talk about our wedding and what she needed so I could get to work on delegating the plans to my staff. There was no way she was lifting a finger for her dream wedding.

As we ate dinner together I asked about her ideas.

"Oh I don't know I was thinking something small, Jackson and Liz are getting married this winter and by next spring we will have two babies to care for so maybe before the babies are born?" She mused.

"That doesn't leave us much time." I countered.

"Well I kind of don't want to wait long."

I raised my eyebrows at her in question.

"2 weeks?" She asked.

"2 weeks?! That's going to be kind of hard to give you your dream wedding on short notice!"

"I don't want to wait Parker. The longer we wait the bigger I'll be. I'll look like a house with these two babies! Let's just hop on a plane and elope in Vegas." She pleaded.

The idea wasn't bad. It was no big wedding like Jackson or Rhyne's but I didn't care about pomp. My mind was full of plans immediately. And I mirrored her sentiment, I didn't want to wait either.

"Let's do it"
*****
Amari chose where and when and I booked everything for us. She insisted that it could be inexpensive and quick. I still hadn't convinced her that I didn't care about the cost. It had been a week since we decided on a quick Vegas wedding and she wasn't getting anymore used to the idea that what was mine would be hers.

"Parker we should set up an appointment with your lawyer, before the wedding." She suggested over discussions of the wedding.

"Why baby? All the marriage documents will be all taken care of. Don't worry."

"Well...I was thinking...we should get a prenup...I don't want what you've earned. I want to protect your assets."

"No!"

"Parker be reasonable!"

"Amari I said no, I don't need a prenup! What's mine will be yours and our family's. If you leave me later I'll give you whatever you want anyways so it's a moot point. No prenup!" I ended the disagreement. This was not something I wanted to discuss again. Amari was no gold digger. Nor would I begin our marriage with any inkling I distrusted her or her intentions.

She pouted the rest of the day, unhappy with my decision. But when she slid into bed next to me that night I apologized for being harsh and we made up. I couldn't go to bed with us mad at each other. She was quick to forgive and I was grateful. I spent the hours after loving her slowly and gently touching every inch of her shapely body until we came together. I knew I could never get enough of this. I pulled her close whispering my adoration while rubbing her barely swollen belly until she slept soundly in my arms.