Parker

I looked at Amari. Pregnant. He said pregnant. The color drained from her face and I thought she might pass out.

"P..pp...pregnant? But this IUD still has two years-! I'm not supposed to be pregnant!" Amari was a little hysterical now. I squeezed her hand reassuringly.

The doctor ignored her hysteria and kept his tone professional. "I'm going to write you a prescription for pregnancy safe anti-nausea medication and I recommend seeing an ob-gyn as soon as you get back home. In regards to the stomach bug. If food makes you sick have clear liquids instead and take Tylenol for the fever and pain." He moved his eyes between us obviously noting the color drained from Amari's face, "I'll leave you two to discuss things." Dr Braxton stood heading to the door.

"Wait!" I stopped him because I had to know. "How far along is she?"

The doctor flipped through some pages. "Looks like 3-4 weeks based on her blood work. Congratulations." He turned leaving.

My baby. She was pregnant with my baby. Had it been Jakes I would have punched him in the face and then loved that baby anyway but this was my baby.

I turned back to Amari. "Baby?" I said cautiously. She looked panicked. I mean for her she was young 23, unmarried. Would she keep the baby? We never discussed having children. This wasn't exactly how I planned it but I was 36, wealthy, but I knew who I was and I knew instantly I wanted this baby. And I wanted it with her.

I took her hands and when her eyes met mine she let the tears ago. I could see the fear and the uncertainty in her gaze. I held her while she cried.

When the tears dried up I stood her up and she followed me wordlessly back to the car. The ride back to the hotel remained quiet and I just held her being the support she needed while she processed the news. We stopped at the pharmacy and I picked up the essentials Gatorade, meds and crackers.

Back In our room she laid down in the bed and I scooted behind her placing my hand on her belly. I couldn't help but imagine her full and round. Our baby moving around. She would be so sexy. Her belly rounded, her skin glowing, her breasts full. I shook my head I was getting hard and that wasnt fair. She needed me in a different way right now.

"Baby do you want to talk about it..." I rubbed circles into her back and I felt her tense at my words.

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm not keeping the baby."

My mind blanked. My baby!? "Wait Amari I respect you and your choices but it's my baby too. Please I'd like to talk about it at least." I pleaded.

She surprised me sitting up quickly and turning to me. Anger written over her face marring her beautiful features.

"This is MY body Parker! I'm 23, I have no money, and I'm barely starting my career! I gave no family, no friends I can't raise a baby on my own!" Angry tears started flowing as she continued, "We aren't married Parker and even if we were you don't have to stay. You'll leave like my father did and then I'll be stuck raising a baby from a man I love who didn't ask for a surprise baby and doesn't love me back. No, I don't want that life for me or a baby!" Her breathing was ragged and her face twisted in fear and anger and panic.

But now I was angry too.

"Is that what you think of me Amari? That I would leave because this is unexpected or hard? That I wouldn't want to be there for our baby? For you?" I took her hands in mine pleading with my eyes. "Please baby I want this with you. This life. This baby. I love you."

The three words I hadn't been thinking slipped out. I realized they were true as I said them out loud. I thought the words would feel unnatural saying them to a woman for the first time, But saying them to Amari felt good and freeing.

"I love you Amari. And I'll always be here for you and for the baby, for our family." I admitted truthfully placing all my cards on the table. I placed a hand on her belly. "Please reconsider or at the very least talk to me. Please."

Tears sprang to her eyes again the anger was gone replaced with fear and I took her in my arms. Her body sagged in mine. "I'm so sorry Parker. I'm just so scared, scared of being a mom and scared you'll leave. I don't want to get rid of our baby."

I held her as she cried out her fears. I moved her to my lap and ran hands over her tear stained cheeks. I whispered my adoration. I told her there was nothing to fear. That we were together like we were meant to be. That she would be the most amazing mother.

She fell asleep in my arms. And I laid her down on the bed covering her with a sheet. Her soft snores melted my heart.

I moved into the next room. And FaceTimed my two best friends. They both answered and I told them the news about Amari. Their whoops and congratulations was all I needed. I told them her fears but that she was going to keep the baby. They had my back regardless. When I ended the call I poured myself a stiff drink and sat pondering things.

Amari was like a whirlwind literally falling into my life. I didn't expect her or her fire. But it burned me anyway. Then our connection. She was smart and funny and unbelievably gorgeous. She was the most amazing sex I had ever had. Submissive yet dominant. Sweet yet kinky. She tried new things with me. Not just in the bedroom but she made me try new things. New food, new books. She took me from comfort to living.

And the baby well that was the most unexpected thing. I never thought about having kids because I didn't think I was ready. I planned to meet a nice girl date for a year or two, get married and probably have a baby if that's what she wanted. The American family. But as soon that doc said that Amari was pregnant and confirmed that baby was mine, well I had never been more ready for anything in my life.

These weren't my plans but they were a better version of them. I knew what I wanted now and I wasn't afraid of these changes anymore.

I let Amari sleep and ordered chicken soup for her in case she woke up tonight. She needed the rest between the stomach flu and our baby. I spent the rest of the evening working from the room. I had no desire to let her out of my sight now.

It was midnight before I slid into bed next to her and pulled her close. My heart expanded even more with love as she nuzzled into my chest while she slept.