Chapter 34-A Life For A Life

Jason's POV

"Jason." I heard a sweet voice say. 

I lifted my eyelids slowly. I squinted but I could see a figure standing before me. I sat up from my bed in a daze. I rubbed my eyes from the blurriness and then focused on the person in front of me. 

"Skylar?" I said in a confused voice. "What are you doing here?" I asked. 

She smiled a beautiful but sad smile. She walked on the side of me and sat down on the bed. She took my hand in hers and held it tight. She looked up at me. 

"I don't have much time." She whispered softly, sadness dripping from her voice. 

I stared at her, not completely understanding what she was trying to say. 

"Skylar, what are you talking about?" I asked. 

She sighed. "Look, when the times comes, I need you to let me go. Okay." Sky said, looking me right in the eyes. 

I felt my eyebrows pull together and i frowned at her. She reached up and touched my cheek. She smiled slightly. 

'Don't frown. Everything's going to be okay." Skylar said. 

She sounded so sure. 

"I still don't understand." I said. 

She looked at me. And leaned in slowly. Within seconds, her soft warm lips were on mine, kissng me sweetly. I wanted to go deeper into the kiss but she pulled back too soon. She looked at me with complete sadness in her eyes. She turned her head to my door quickly and then she looked back. Something in her expression changed. She looked worried. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"I have to go." She said abruptly. 

She got up form the bed and started to walk. I shot up and grabbed her wrist, stopping her. 

"Wait, go where? You don't have to worry about my mom. She's not home." I said. 

Skylar pulled, but that made me tighten my grip on her hand. 

"Don't go." I said. 

Skylar's eyes softened and she stepped towards me and kissed me again. "I love you." She whispered against my lips and my insides jumped at her words. 

I opened my eyes to say it back to her but she wasn't there. What the hell? 

"Skylar." I called out, looking around my room. 

"Skylar!" I called more loudly. 

Nothing. 

She must have ran down stairs or something. 

I opened my door but my house was no longer my house. It was the gym. Adam's gym. What the hell is this? I walked further and heard yelling. I could see figures in front of me, one was moving way too fast, coming at the figure that was in front of me. Everyones faces were blurry and I couldn't tell what the hell was going on. And all of a sudden, I heard a gun go off. I snapped my head to the two figures in front of me. They were still blurry. But one of them fell to their knees and something dropped on the floor. I moved closer to get a better look. And as I focused on the person on the floor, things started clearing up. 

Blood. That's all I could see, just matted on someones shirt. I let my eyes travel up to the figure and my eyes widened. She had a look of confusion in her eyes and after a moment, the other figure in front of me feel to the floor and so did she. 

"Skylar" I yelled out. 

I jolted up in the chair I was sleeping in. "Skylar!" I said loudly.