Chapter 6-A Run In With An Old Friend

My day was going...okay. Different from what i'm used to but okay. Aside from all the staring and the whispers and the random hug I got, my classes were alright. The most I did today was nod and say hello reluctantly. Now I was on my way to the cafeteria which was across the campus. I walked across with my AP Government textbook and two notebooks in my arms. I shifted them to my left as I opened the door to the cafeteria with my right hand. I stepped in all the while, trying to fix my books that were slipping out of my arm and then I felt someone bump into me, hard. My books fell and I mentally cursed and pushed down the anger in me. I bent down and started to pick them up when I noticed someone else's hand helping. 

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you." I heard a familiar deep voice say. 

"Its alright." I said, noticing him stand up straight. I grabbed my loose papers that fell from my notebook and slid them in. Then I stood up and fixed my books. The stranger handed me my text book and I took it without looking up. "Thanks." i mumbled. 

"Skylar?" I heard the stranger whisper and something ran through my body at the sound of my name coming from this stranger's mouth. 

I looked up and my eyes widened a fraction. I was staring into familiar dark brown eyes. I let my eys travel over the features of this person. Straight white teeth, Straight nose, strong wide set jaw and black cropped cut hair. 

"Jason." I whispered. 

I hate to say this but of all the people I've came in contact with since my arrival, this one seemed to have a weird effect on me. Maybe because I was remembering our first kids when we were only eight years old. It happened to be the best first kiss a girl could ever ask for, but as soon as the memory hit me, it vanished faster than it appeared when a pair of strong warm arms wrapped around me, making my books fall to the floor again. I felt a hand at my lower back and one at my neck, holding me in my place. Jason was hugging me tightly to him, so much that I didn't think I could breathe, but I stayed silent. And soon, he pulled away, hands on my shoulders. 

"Oh my God! How-what-when..."He stuttered, not knowing what to say as a bunch of emotions flitted across his face, but the one that stood out the most was confusion. 

"I showed up four days ago." I said in a small voice. 

His eyes widened. "What?! Does your brother know your here?" He asks in a serious tone. "What happened to you?" He asked and I swear, if one more person asked what happened to me, I was going to explode!

I sighed. I was over my return from my darkness, now it was time for everyone else to get over it too. "Yes, my family knows." I said, answering his first question. 

Anger and hurt crossed his features and he shook his head. "Why didn't he tell me." 

I shrugged and bent down to grab my books, stepping out of his arms. We were creating a scene which I'd rather not be a part of. I was going to walk past him but he grabbed my arm. I shot a look at him and looked down at his hand. 

"We need to talk." He said. 

I looked back up. "For what?" I asked simply. I didn't mean anything by it, I was just curious. 

But he flinched and looked at me. "What do you mean for what? Skylar, you've been gone for nine years." He hissed quietly. 

I looked around and seen people staring. "I know that. Look, you can come by later and get the whole story from my parents but not here. Not now." I said and turned to walk back out the door. 

I made it halfway across campus walking towards the library when I felt arm spin me around and I was immediately against a hard muscular chest. Before I pried myself away from whoever the hell it was they spoke.