Chapter 23-The Rain

A/N: I listen to a song called HeadStrong by Trapt all the time when I work out. It get's me pumped up. :) Listen to it for dramatic effect if you want. It's a pretty good song. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

___________________________________________________________________

Sky's POV

I had already did my pull ups, my sit ups and push ups. And I just spent a whole hour on the treadmill running. I was walking around the gym with my hands above my head. I was breathing in and out. I was already sweating bullets and my tank top was soaked at the top. I wiped my forehead of my sweat and looked at the punching bag. I put my hands on my hips as I stared at the bag. I felt like I haven't hit one in a while. And to be honest, I missed it. I looked at where it was hanging from. It was connected to a some kind of rail thing. The chains on it made the bag look steady. I touched it and pushed it a little. It slid across the rail and the chains rattled. I smiled. It moves. Good. 

I looked outside and it was pouring. I loved the sound of rain. I turned back to the bag and got in my ready stance. I shook out my right hand and it felt a little tingly, probably because I wrapped it too tight. I ignored it and started hitting the bag. My right hand was protesting and I could feel it, the pain. Like everything else of that nature, I welcomed it and just kept hitting the bag. It was moving little by little and I followed it. I circled and did a quick kick and it moved even further. I went back to punching and for some reason, my mind chose this time to think about everything. From the day I got here, to last night. Some thought were good, some weren't. And as usual, my mind chose to override the good ones and let the bad ones take it's place.  Anger, pain, rage and hurt filled me and I started hitting the bag nonstop, making it move back from me. The chains were rattling in protest. 

I was doing roundhouse kicks and everything else I could do to get the bag moving, motivation and adrenaline in me. The bad thoughts were my motivation. I kept going and the bag was in the middle of the gym-I wasn't kidding, the gym was big-but I was making it my priority to get the bag to the other side of the gym. But I had to pause for a minute to get catch my breath, and plus, something made me look down at my tank top. All I could see was red seeping through my shirt. My eyebrows pulled together and I lifted my short up on my right side and looked at a small cut that was slightly open, blood pouring down. I turned around, still looking down at it. Funny, I didn't even feel this. Must have been one of my old stab wounds that re-opened. I touched it with my finger tips and just looked at it. 

"Oh my god Sky! Are you alright?" I heard Jason's voice and my head snapped up and I saw him running through the rain into the gym and coming towards me. 

I put my shirt down and wiped my hand on my sweats. I licked my lips and sighed. I shook my head and turned around to the punching bag. 

"How'd you find me?" I asked, not bothering to turn to him. 

"Adam said you were here when I ran into him at the auto shop." He said. 

I started punching again, ignoring the pain in my right hand.

"Skylar, stop. Let me look at you." Jason said. 

Instead of making the bag move I just circled it like it was a regular punching bag. 

"Just go Jason." I huffed out as I kept hitting the bag. 

"No." Jason said stubbornly. 

i felt hands on my arms and I reacted quick, turning on my heel, my right hand flying out to hit Jason but was caught in mid air by a big hand. Jason glared at me and I glared back. I tried my other hand and he caught that one too and before I knew it we were chest to chest, the only thing in between us was our hands. His gripping mine. I was breathing hard.