Chapter 2-My Escape

I waited until it hit midnight when I knew that everyone was sleeping. J.D. would be at home or somewhere and his men would be with him. The only one's here was the guards outside the building. I haven't been out of these walls since the day I came here. But I needed out. Now.

I walked out of my small room, shutting the door quietly. My room wasn't locked up like the girls in here. I had already changed into a pair of old faded blue jeans, a t-shirt and a jacket. I had my combat boots on because those are the only shoes I owned. It was dress code fro the girls in here. I pulled my hood on and zipped my jacket up. I walked down the halls, passing the other girls rooms. I had no friends in here because like i said before, most of the girls in here feared me. I didn't mind at all. This wasn't the kind of place to make friends. And i didn't need anyone to hold me back.

I slid my back against the wall and walked slowly. I came to a stop at the corner and i peeked my head around, no guards. I made my way slowly down the second hall, still passing doors. I kept my eye on the door at the end of the hall. It was the door that looked like it led out of here. I didn't really know but i was hoping that it was the door i needed. I heard talking and footsteps coming from around the corner. Damn! I was panicking right now and my pulse quickened when i felt someone's hand clamp down on my mouth and pull me back.

For a minute darkness filled me as the light from the door shrunk and then went into nothing. The hand was still over my mouth so I reacted as anyone in here would have. I did a quick run up on the wall and back flipped over the person who had their hand on my mouth. I quickly grabbed their arm, twisted it back and slammed them up against the wall.

"Ah! I'm trying to help you!" I heard a small voice say.

"Who are you?" I asked, talking into the darkness.

"Evelyn. Evelyn Baker. Please, you're hurting me." She begged.

I let her go and heard her sigh in relief. I walked by the door and switched the light on and was soon staring at a blonde girl, my height and size. She looked a little familiar but I don't think I knew her.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked in a low strained voice. I haven't had anyone's help so why would I need it now.

She rubbed her arm. "I'm not. I'm helping me." She admitted.

I cocked my head to the side and gave her a strange look. "Helping me to escape is helping yourself? How? How did you even know about this?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I've seen you fight. The look in your eyes. It says it all. You want to get the hell out of here and I can help you." She said confidently.

I wasn't buying it. "You still didn't answer my question? How are you helping yourself." I asked.

"With you gone, everything for me will fall into place." She said.

"I'm still not understanding you."

"Look, I see the way J.D. looks at you. He wants you." She said, envy slipping in her voice.

I stared at her for another moment. Trying to convey some hidden message she's not giving me word of mouth. God, I hate cryptic! After a few more moments of just silence and staring, realization hits me.

"You love him." I said.

One of her eyebrows shoot up and she just looks at me, but I know I'm right. Something in my stomach turned at the thought of anyone loving that poor excuse for a man.

"You don't know what your getting into." I said and in that moment I can tell she's new here.

"Actually I do. J.D. promised me that he wouldn't make me fight. He promised to have me at his side. I'm just in here so the other's don't get any ideas that J.D. might want any of them." She said, crossing her arms.