Chapter 36- Once Was And Always Will Be

Skylar's POV

I kept hearing muffled voices around me but I couldn't quite tell any of them apart. THe loud beeps coming from my right side were making everything that much more complicated as i tried to tell voices apart. I felt something warm and firm touch my hand. Two things were running through my head. Where the hell was I? Am I dead?

"Skylar? Sweetie?" I heard a sweet feminine voice say.

Mom?

"Julie, honey, we should let her rest some more. It's a miracle she even came out of her coma." A strong manly voice said.

Dad.

"I know but she should've woken up by now." Mom said, her voice filled with worry.

"Honey, she's gonna be fine. We just need to give her some time." I heard Dad say. "She's so strong."

Funny, i don't exactly feel that way right now.

I hear a knock coming from my left.

"Is she awake?"

That voice. That deep, rich, warm voice. He's still here. He's okay. He's not dead. Jason's here! I try and open my eyes but nothing.

"No, not yet sweetie." Mom said kindly.

"Did you get some rest, a good shower, some food in your stomach?" Dad asked someone. I wasn't too sure who he was asking. My mom or Jason.

"I did sir. I'm well rested, thank you." Jason replied.

I felt something warm touch my left hand and grasp it tightly as an electric current washed over me from the touch. I could feel it all the way in my toes. Only he could have this affect on me.

"Jason, I'm sure your mother already told you about the-"

"She did." Jason said, cutting off my dead. There was an edge to his tone. Like he wasn't in the mood to talk about whatever my dad was going to say.

"I'm sorry. It would have been a miracle if-"

"No disrespect sir, but I don't really want to talk about it." Jason said in a calm voice. But just like before, there was that hidden edge to it.

Something happened. Something bad.

"I understand." My dad replied back in surrender.

Minutes of silence passed between everyone and I wondered if they were still there. Then my mom spoke up.

"I hope she wakes up soon. Logan has been dying to see his big sister." Mom said, sniffling. I could almost hear the small smile in her voice when she mentioned my brother.

"So how have things been going with the police?" Jason asked.

The police? Wait what?

I tried moving my hand that jason had but nothing. My muscles weren't cooperating with me and i was getting irritated.

"Detective Williams is still trying to get to the bottom of things. Only he doesn't know where exactly to start." Dad said, sounding a little mad.

Detective Williams? What things?

I tried opening my eyes again. And this time, i managed to open one eye just a little. But i had to shut it quickly because of the light coming in on my right. I winced and someone let out a small gasp.

"Skylar! Skylar, sweetie." Mom cooed.

My eyelids felt like there were weights on them but i still opened them. I was looking up at the ceiling. I shut my eyes quickly from the brightness that was radiating down on me.