Chapter 14-Back to Normal

Jason's POV

I rolled over, my hands searching for the warmth that my body was still craving, but I came up empty. My eyes shot open and I sat up, looking around. She was gone. Where the hell was she? Did she leave? I got up and walked out of my room. I walked into the guest room and no one was in there. The bed was made, the bathroom was open with the light turned off. I frowned. Why would she leave? I shook my head and walked out. I heard something in the kitchen and i walked to the top of the stairs, looking down. Someone was in the kitchen. I walked down slowly and heard the fridge open. Maybe she was still here? I walked into the kitchen and waited until whoever was behind the fridge door to close it. When they did, I relaxed. Sky was still here. But she didn't hear me or see me because she had her back turned to me. She was chugging down a bottle of water faster than I've ever seen any girl drink a water. 

She was wearing her sweats and her sports bra from last night and a black jacket that looked like Vanessa's. She looked like she's been working out or something. I wonder what time she got up. I stayed quiet as she finished her bottle. She turned and threw it away and then she saw me. 

"Oh. Hey." She said and turned and hopped up on the island, her legs dangling off of it. 

"Morning. Where'd you go?" I asked casually. 

She shrugged and picked up an apple from the basket of fruits. "Went for a run. And then worked out in the back yard. Happy you guys have a punching bag." She said and took a bite of her apple. 

"Yeah. Me and your brother used to use it when we first started kick boxing." I said, leaning against the counter. 

She nodded and took another bite of her apple and started swinging her legs. I looked at her face some more. Her bruise on her jaw was worse than yesterday, as I expected. Her bottom lip was a little swollen because of her cut but it wasn't serious. 

"So how are you feeling?" I asked. 

"Same as always." She mumbles. 

My eyebrows pulled together. "And that means...."

"I feel fine." She said nonchalantly, shrugging. 

I narrowed my eyes at her. Last night, was not fine for her. Speaking of last night... "So what happened last night?" I asked. 

"What do you mean?" She asked in a calm voice, taking another bite of her apple. 

I gave her a look. "Seriously?" 

"What?" She said. 

Was she seriously acting like nothing happened? I could feel the anger rising in me.

"Do I have to spell it out for you? What happened to you last night? You looked so..."

"Look, I'm sorry about last night alright. It won't happen again. I was just feeling a little...sentimental. Thought I owed you for helping me and...stuff." She said. 

I grimaced. Are you freaking kidding me? A little sentimental? She felt like she owed me? What the hell was that? I couldn't stop the hurt that was forming within me. She felt like she owed me. But I knew better. She was lying. I hated when she does that. Act like nothing phases her. It pisses me off.

"That's funny that you say that. Your mouth says one thing, but your eyes say another." I say, glaring at her. It was true, the way she looked last night, she looked...vulnerable. In pain somehow. Scared, maybe? I noticed Skylar's jaw tighten at my words. 

She hopped off the counter and threw the rest of her apple in the trash and then turned fully towards me, her jacket opening and I could see her bruises and scars. I clenched my jaw. Those damn scars! She seemed to notice that I was staring at her stomach so she zipped up the jacket.