Chapter Thirty-Four: Moving forward

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I made a bit of a mistake last chapter and so I just had to rearange the very end of the last chapter. For some of you it doesn't matter because I changed it before you could read the old version. BUT DO NOT WORRY the rest of you because all I changed was the very end so that instead of them waking up all together (which didn't make sense), they now came back to the school in the room they had gone into before the game...anyway I'm sure most of you don't even know what I'm talking about but its good I've told you now.

So as I promised here is the next chapter within a week. 

And thanks for all your support and keeping up with me! THANKS ALL

************

Recap (change from last chapter)

Just as I was regaining enough energy to stand by myself the familiar feeling began to take over the scene. The walls began to shift and dissolve, folding in on itself until it had completely changed.

I sat in a seat, facing into the centre with large a helmet resting on my head. I recognised where I was, the chamber at school where we went into the game. Around me sat other students, the ones from when I awoke from being gassed in the tunnel. They all seemed still in a trance, the helmets over their heads. A couple were being particularly still but I didn’t dare go see if they were all right. I just wanted to get out. So moving to the door I left the room, walking right into Sasha and Jett.

‘Ranger, you’re here too’ Jett looked around confused as running feet sounded around the corner. I was ready to sprint from danger when Aiden, Pip and Claire came into view. They all seemed as confused as I.

‘Where are…’

Sasha cut him off. ‘We’re in school, the real world.’

‘But how do you know?’

‘This is where the twins always put us here after a game, they never would make a fake version of this,’ She said.

‘Suppose they were forced?’

‘They weren’t forced. They wanted us to get out of the game, just had to wait until the others weren’t watching.’

Chapter Thirty-Four

‘We need to go help the twins. Some of the Eximius students must be forcing them to continue their illusion but if we can get rid of those students we can shut down the game,’ Sasha explained as a plan formed in her head.

Pip had an idea. ‘Where are our teachers? We could find them so they can help us.’

Sasha just shook her head. ‘We have no idea where they are; they could be in the game for all we know. But we need to move soon, if the twins got us out there is no stopping Eximius students accidentally leaking as well.’

‘Why don’t we just take off the others helmets? Bring them back to the real world?’ I asked but everyone else shook his or her head.

‘We can’t stop the link, if we break it they die,’ Aiden explained.

‘So we need to stop it at the source,’ I muttered to myself and then noticed someone was missing from our group. ‘Blaze isn’t here.’ My heart skipped a beat.

They others looked around and realised I was right. Pip, Aiden, Sasha, Jett, Taylor and Claire; but no Blaze.

‘He must be in a different room,’ I said and looked to the doors.