Chapter Twenty-Three: Indiana Jones

Chapter Twenty three

“Don’t move a muscle. This place has about a billion booby traps,” Taylor warned all of us. I froze and looking around at the walls and floor, nothing looked wrong.

“We need to get the statu,.” Sasha said, watching the gold idol carefully. “I’ll go.” She turned to the rest of us before stepping forward.

“No wait,” Aiden pulled her back, she frowned at him but he just pointed at the floor. “The floor, it’s a pressure mat.”

We all looked carefully down at it; Sasha crouched down to get a closer look.

“See,” Aiden picked up a fist sized rock and threw it into the middle of the room. Almost as soon it hit the floor it exploded. We all ducked as small pieces of rock exploded in different directions but it was too far away to hit us. As the dust settled I noticed that the floor was unharmed, not a scratch.

“Oh,” was all Sasha managed to utter.

“Hey. Hey guys,” someone yelled from behind us. I turned to see a breathless looking Jett running down the corridor that we had just come through, his painting things still tightly held under his arm.

He doubled over when he got to us, trying to catch his breath. Grace went over to him and patted his back lightly.

“The elements, their barely a couple of minutes behind us,” Jett said.

“Where’s Blaze?” I asked.

“We got split up; I was hoping he found you guys,” Jett looked up at me sadly.

“No time for mourning. Jett we need one of your animals,”  Sasha moved next to him.

Finally Jett straightened and looked around.

“Indiana Jones huh. The twins love those movies,” Jett said impressed. Sasha glared at him for a second.

“Right. What do you want me to do?” He asked hurriedly.

“Seeing us none of us can go across, we need you to draw an animal that can.” Sasha explained.

Jett nodded before dropping his equipment on the floor. Opening the book he got a new page and started painting.

Voices echoed closer.

“Shit the elementals. We need to hold them off. Hurry up Jett,” Sasha ordered. Aiden nodded before going over to the corridor and placing his hand on the floor. Taking a big breath I saw him close his eyes before the earth in front of him began to shake. The walls soon followed as cracks started falling and rocks crumbled. Finally the roof of the corridor collapsed, blocking the whole area.

“Thanks Aiden,” Sasha smiled. He stepped away from the crumbled rocks and dusted off his hands.