Chapter Twenty-Four: Mix

Chapter twenty-four

Someone screamed. I sat up and looked around groggily. We were in a room, an old fashioned children’s room. It had 3 single beds with large over hangings against one wall, I was on one, and there were old toy boxes, ornate shelves, a doll house and a large window at one wall that faced out to the top of the houses surrounding us. Everything looked like it had been taken out of a book from the early 1900’s and was detailed to the brim.

The scream I heard before came from someone who was sitting on one of the beds. I recognised her as Grace; she was looking up at the ceiling. On the other bed I saw Taylor sit up with a start.

“What’s wrong Grace?” I asked her, quickly getting out of the bed but nearly twisting my ankle on one of the numerous toys that were thrown around the floor.

“There’s a b...boy.” She stuttered, looking up at the ceiling worriedly.

“What?”

“I woke and a boy was hovering above me,” Grace pulled her sheets up around her neck.

“Say again?” What was she on about? Grace just kept looking up near the big light that dangled in the middle of the room. Finally I followed her gaze and realised someone was up there. Slowly the person peered their head around to look down at us. I watched in amazement as the boy pushed away from the light but didn’t fall. He was flying! He lowered himself to the ground until he was standing. I looked him over; his outfit looked like it was covered in vines. They were weaved into his shorts and all he had as a top was a few vines crossed along his chest.

“Who are you?” I asked but Taylor was the one that answered.

“His Peter Pan!” Taylor shouted. Peter who?

“You know, Never Land? The lost Boys? Wendy? Hook?!” Taylor shouted. I shook my head, I had no idea. Looking to the boy I realised he had gone over to some cupboards and was scrabbling around.

“What are you trying to find?” I asked cautiously, walking over to him. He turned quickly looking at me quizzically.

“Who are you?” He asked me.

“My names Ranger,” I told him. He nodded once before going back to riffling through the drawers.

“I’m looking for Tinker bell, my friend,” he answered finally, not looking up at me.

As he said that I heard banging start from a wardrobe in the corner of the room. I heard muffled screams and the sound of bells. Peter quickly ran over to it and threw open the doors.

“Get me out of here!” I heard a small girl’s voice shout as a large object tumbled out.

Peter jumped back as a full sized Pip stopped at his feet.

“What!” Peter cried.