Chapter Seventeen: Everythings alright

Chapter Seventeen

My head hit the bottom and I started to panic, I had never learnt to swim. My arms and legs kicked pathetically, my lungs started felling compressed and in a desperate attempt I opened my mouth. Water just came in, my brain started going fuzzy and confused. My motions got slower, I had no energy. I ignored the slimy objects that kept moving past me.

In the back of my mind I heard something loud and found myself being pulled upwards by two hands. As soon as I broke the surface I opened my mouth to the oxygen but all that happened was water was vomited up from my lungs. I spluttered as the cold air hit me. I felt arms go around me before they pulled me to the side. Still coughing I was yanked out of the tank and fell in a puddle of water.

Someone lent over me, the water had finally stopped and I was now breathing sweet oxygen.

“You okay?” I heard someone ask. The lights were still out, so I couldn’t see anything. Kids were screaming in fear while some of the older ones were trying to calm them down.

“Yeah,” I croaked.

“Felix, Lights,” Ms Lovejoy’s voice boomed over the speakers.

A light shot up from the corner of the room and flew to the middle above everyone’s heads. It was a perfect sphere; it spun as it slowly hovered up and down, casting a light glow around it. A second sphere shot up, then another and another, until the gym was lit as bright as day. Slowly the kids who had been stumbling around sat back down in their seats.

I got up on my hands and knees but my arms couldn’t support the weight so I slipped back down to the floor.

“Whoa,” Small thin arms pulled me up. I sat there for a few seconds until I'd caught my breath and regained some energy.

“Where’s Sasha?” I asked, I couldn’t see her anywhere.

“I think they’ve taken her to Emma the nurse girl,” The young thin girl said. At least she was in safe hands.

Ms Lovejoy walked briskly over to us, followed by an older boy.

“What happened?” She commanded.

“What do you mean?” I asked slowly. The thin girl who had helped me spoke up.

“When the lights went out and you fell in, Chris came to me and told me to follow him. He can see in the dark so we made our way quickly down to the tank you had been in. I told the eels quickly what had happened and they let me come into the tank to pull you out,” the small thin girl said.

I sighed; there were too many super powers for my brain to organise. I had only been told less than a day ago that everything I had known could be so wrong!

“The lights, what did you do? Felix here says he had nothing to do with it,” Ms Lovejoy said pointing a finger at the boy behind her.

“I don’t know.,” I said drowsily. I closed my eyes for a brief second.