Chapter 10

When we walk into the dining room Aerin is already seated. Thank the Goddess, Taemin isn't here yet. I have a feeling that this non-accepting attitude Taehuyng has is comes from him. Aerin look at us smiling brightly. She has on a deep red dress that makes her look even more beautiful. I bow my head slightly to her again. After all, she is the Queen. Aerin's laugh fills the room.

"Oh silly woman, no need to bow for me. Between you and I, it's always a bit too much to bow. It's must be a men's thing." She winks. I laughed at her words. Oh, I'm liking this woman. Perhaps she is a less non-accepting. I took a seat next to her and she grabbed my hand. "Now tell me everything there is about you."

"My father is Alpha Jiwon." I said in reply Aerin clapped her hands. "I have always liked that man. He's quite an honourable man, as is your mother. I've heard that she had thousands of flowers delivered for the Mate Founder. Such a genius lady. It must have looked beautiful." She said.

"Oh! You know my mother? So you know I'm half witch, half wolf. I can however fully shift." She gasps. "It's quite uncommon, I know. But mom has trained me well, I can control my powers well. So did the pack warriors. I've actually passed the test and was on my first week of being one of them." Aerin threw Taehuyng a strict look. Undoubtedly, everyone knows about his hate for warriors, just my luck. Thank you Goddess. Taehuyng's father walks in and I'm actually glad he does. I quickly stand up and made a bow before him. When he is seated everyone sits back down too.

"Being the food." His voice raises the hair in my neck. This man is one creepy spoiled dominant wolf. Goddess, forgive me for thinking this. Aerin softly slaps Taemin on his arm, adornment clear in her eyes. I can't help but be jealous. If Taehuyng would just accept me for who I am we could have been like this too. I looked at him and see that he already eyeing me. His face a copy of mine. Bet he wants me to be his lapdog. Nope, not ever. "I've come to understand you're a warrior correct?" Taemin's voice brought me back to look at him. His eyes pierce through me, as if looking in my soul. I swift uncomfortably in my seat.

"Yes, my King. That is correct." I quickly averted my gaze from him. Not wanting to be rude.

"A Queen cannot be a warrior for if she dies her King would be lost." This room turned into ice real quick. A shiver runs over me. Aerin looks in worry at Taehuyng and he stares to the wall, his jaws clenched. I can't help but feel that there's an unspoken story underneath it.

"A Queen loosing her King would be a shame too. If the Queen would be able to fight alongside him, they could BOTH be saved." The room is so still that for a second I'm sure I am going to loose my mind. The King has his poker face on again and I can't help the tears that form behind my eyes. Holy crap, this man scares the shit out of me. Then he did something that i didn't see coming. He laughs, Actually laughs. A full on echoing happy laugh, a genuine one.

"I've a terrible feeling that you will be quite a match for my son. He could use some toughen up to be a King. I'd like to see you battle, Jisoo." My drops drop open, but I quickly closed it. The King wants to see me fight. I steal a glance at Taehuyng who looks at his father in a displeasing way. I see his mouth open, but fortunately four women came in to serve our food. I thank the lady who put the platter in front of me sweetly and she actually seems surprised. They should treat their help better. After all, without them no food. There is no more speaking in the room while I ate the delicious steak on earth ever. I can feel the tension radiating off of Taehuyng beside me but the King seems to be relaxed. Aerin looks at me in concern every once in a while. I wonder why. Perhaps this fighting thing of the king is a trap. When we all are finished, Taehuyng excused himself. I moved to stand up too but Aerin stopped me.

"Darling, would you like to stay for a minute longer? I'd like to speak of your Mating." I nodded and sat back down. The King stands up so I quickly stand up again, no doubt making me look like a fool. I bowed, but he doesn't even look at me. He kisses Aerin on her forehead and walks out of the room.

"I'm sorry, that tonight was a bit....tense. I promise that it is not always like this." I smile sweetly at her. Tense does not cover the icy atmosphere at all. "It's our tradition to officially let the pack meet you tomorrow by games and social gatherings. In three days your official mating and invitation takes place. Since we don't know each other very well, I thought we could go shopping the day after tomorrow. Pick out a dress, discuss your favorite flowers and all that. Would you like that?" Her last words are almost pleading and I truly felt sorry for her. Being a Queen must be hard. Everyone must accept you and be polite to you. I hate shopping but still I hear myself thank her for the lovely offer and how I'd love to do that. Her eyes sparkle and once again i saw how beautiful this woman is. Damn, I should pay a little more attention to my looks.

"Taehuyng will take me to the game fair tomorrow without a doubt. Speaking of him, I should really go see what that cranky wolf is up to." My last words made me blush. Jeez, I just told the Queen and Mother of my mate that he is basically a cranky bitch. Someone needs to save me from myself. Thankfully, Aerin laughs and agreed with me. Soon we bid goodbye's and I'm walking to Taehuyng's..... well I guess our house. I can't help but be nervous. My first plan on just being sexy and try to distract him seemed like a good plan. I know I have a good body, all that training did that for me. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm still a virgin and my Mate doesn't accept the true me. At the thought of it I felt lonely suddenly so instead of walking all the way up to the house I sat in the garden and pulled my phone from the clutch. Wanting to relax a while.