Chapter 19

Jisoo's P. O. V

After a quick break I soon found out that the fighting competition would start. One of the warriors competing took place next to me. I felt Taehyung's eyes burning towards us but I didn't look back. I looked at the warrior beside me. He isn't that muscular but it was obvious that he had been training for a while.

"We haven't been introduced. My name is Jinyoung, Princess." His voice is light and kind. I sniff the air for any threatening attention but Jinyoung seems to be honest.

"Jisoo, please don't call me Princess." He smiled at my words and took a glance at Taehyung.

"Is he going to kill me for talking to you?" I laughed at his comment.

"Probably or perhaps he'll try to kill me." Now we both laughed.

"I heard you were a warrior at your previous pack. By the you fought Jihoon well, you must be pretty serious." I just nodded. I know words travel fast in a pack, Sometimes
because of sincere intrest or sometimes the wolves are just a big mouth. "You have to fight against Jake first. He is more into strength than speed. You'll do Okay." I turn to look at him surprised.

"Why are you telling me this?" A grin came up Jinyoung's face. He isn't my type, but he would make a handsome mate for someone.

"Maybe I hope our princess will win or perhaps I just dislike Jake." We both laughed again. I can't help by wonder if he does want me to win. I steal some glances from the pack members here and there. Obvious distaste is written on some, while others purely are curious. Of course the members I've spoken to earlier are already keep smiling when I saw them. I am the Daughter of an Alpha, I know how to make people like me.... Mostly.

"My wolves, now comes the part we all have been waiting for. The previous tests showed us skill, speed and cleverness. " With the last word the King holds my gaze. "Now we shall see how they do in the heat of a battle. The pools have been made." The king names the different opponents and surely I've to go against Jake. I don't know who he is, since I haven't met any of them yet.

When Taehyung's name and a wolf named Lary is being called, one of the guys standing across me grows pale. I bet he is the one fighting Taehyung.

I search around the competitors for someone who looks like to be Jake. One of the larger wolves with lot of muscles looked at me straight in my eyes. A sinister smile creeps up his face and he winked at me. I bet he is my guy. "We will start with the fight we all are secretly waiting for. Our very own Princess." Some cheers among the audience erupt. Some chanting my name, but many chanted Jake's name. We both walked towards the dome. I made eye contact with the with which she received with a wink. Jake immediately shifts to his wolf form. A large brown-white wolf, nearly twice my size. I stayed in my human form calling upon my magic. I let wind ruffle Jake's fur resulting a growl from him. This is going to be fun.

The moment King shouted begin, Jake rushed towards me. He isn't that fast, but his paws are massive that it only took a few steps for him to reach me. He didn't attack though. He circled me fast from a good distance, sometimes growling at my ankles. I stood still, letting my wolf senses do the job on searching where he is. I did quick spell on my clothes for them not to be tear apart by my flames. I made my skin as hot as hellfire just when I hear Jake's jump. I turn, putting my arm between his massive teeth. The smell of burning meat filled my nose and soon Jake let go of his mouth. I took a quick glance at my arm, saw the bite marks is already healing. Jake growls once more as he jumped with his front paw pointing me. I let myself fall to the ground on my knees as I put up a wall of fire on the place I stood before. His paw hit the fire and he made a painful sound. He landed next to me,but I didn't stand up. As I lay on the grass with legs underneath me, Jake looked at me with anger. I can feel the annoyance radiate off him and seeing that I smirked. This seems to be piss him off more. He jumped on top of me. I put my arm between his teeth again, this time i kept pushing my burning arm forward forcing him to open his mouth further. I can feel the back of his jaws as a pained sound comes from him once more. With my other arm I grabbed him by his neck. He used one of his paws to punch into me. A moan of pain escaped from my mouth, still I didn't pull back. He punched me once more, my inside felt like it's gonna burst out of my back. I set my hand on fire and felt the fur in his neck burn away.

His cry filled my ears as I quickly pull back my other arm from his mouth and let the wind flow into his mouth. It's an old trick that makes impossible for the other to breathe. His eyes grew big and he fiercely starts snapping at me.He hit my shoulder and my upper arm a few times. I can feel the hot liquid coming out from my body. I smirked at him once more as I gripped his lower jaw with my hand, burning it into ash. He tried to wiggle out. The sizzling of meat filled both of our ears. He managed to get free and immediately puts both of his front paw on my chest, pushing me back. His weight pushes on me, leaving me breathless. My head has hit the ground hard, making me see little black spots. Just when he is about to snap my neck i set my whole body on fire.

Flames erupt me, high enough to burn his big head, but not high enough for a permanent damage. He howled in pain and quickly jumped back. I got to my feet a little unsure. Dizziness threatens to steal the best of me. I took a deep breath. Jake eyed me with anger. His fur completely gone in his neck and at his chin. Nevertheless he still growled at me. I got to give it to him, he is hard. Even wolfs would have been in too much pain to continue right now. I ran toward him and jumped while I shift in the midair. Jake already saw this coming and laid down on his back. I land on him and he quickly turned us around. He took my neck between his teeth, making me howl in pain this time. He growled at me for submission but I got him right where I want. I grabbed his upper leg between my teeth and set my fur completely on fire. Jake tried to hold on but his bite became weaker as the fire burns every bit of his furry body. After only a few seconds, he lets go. I moved my head to the side, grabbing the fur at his neck and pulled him towards me. He wiggled himself to get free but the attempts are weak. His whole body is burning and my teeth in his neck must undoubtedly hurt too. A howl in submission comes weak from his throat, the minute I hear it I out my flames. I threw him off of me with my teeth. He landed next to me, barely moving.

The witch already coming my way with a robe in her hands. She puts the robe around me and I shift back. Several pack members surrounded Jake, I pushed one of them aside and sit on my knees next to Jake.

"Good fight, warrior. If i were not a witch, you would have beaten me." My voice was lower than whisper but I know he can hear me. I put my hands on his belly and summoned my healing power. I saw his fur slowly returns as the burns disappear.

Wolves heal quickly, but with witches power it will do a lot better on him.  When I felt Jack shift back I quickly removed my hands from him. Suddenly feeling shy by touching a naked man. Jake got up and I got up with him. He took my hand in both of his hands and shook it.

"You're a good woman, Princess." With those words he walks off to one of the wolves holding out clothes for him. I searched the crowd for Taehyung's face. Happiness brewing inside of me. One of their very own warriors has just given me his respect! I was excited until I saw the sad expression on Taehyung's face.

When the King starts to name the next opponent I can't hear him, all I see are Taehyung's sad face. Why isn't he proud of me? What happened to him? Why doesn't he want me to be a warrior? For just a second I felt bad for doing this competition. That's until I heard my mothers words echoes in my head. "I am proud of you. Do not let go of your dreams no matter what happens."