Chapter 26

Jisoo's P. O. V

"... Killing the doctor won't wake her up faster." I moved my head towards the sound and within a second warm hands are in mine. I felt terrible. My head hurts and my body is heavy. I opened my eyes, the light in the room making my headache worse.

"Do I have a hangover?" Jungkook's laughter cuts through my ears and I involuntarily flinched. Taehyung looked like shit. He has dark circles under his eyes and his hair is messy. I threw him a weak smile. "You have a hangover too? You look terrible as I feel." That must made me look even worse.

"Everybody out. I'd like a word with my mate." He ordered. I heard a lot of footsteps, telling me that there were more people in the room than I thought. "Are you alright?" Taehyung's face searched my face for any sign of wounds.

"Nothing some sleep wouldn't fix." I flashed him a half smile again, but he's not impressed. His jaws clenched together and his breathing became shallow. "I locked you in that safe room for a reason." Now, I'm equally angel at him.

"Yes, indeed. You locked me up. HOW DARE YOU?" My own yelling shot daggers of pain in my head but i ignored it. "I'm your mate. I'm not someone you can force to do whatever you want them to do. You needed me in that fight, yet your over protectiveness caused you to act stupid. If we are under attack you need every warrior to keep the pack safe. Including me."

"YOU NEARLY DIED." His words are filled with rage but his eyes told me that he's hurt. I sighed to myself while I shook my head.

"I'm not going to die. But you'll kill me in an entirely different way if you keep me locked up in this house." The memories of the man I met yesterday flashed before my eyes. I could feel the blood drain from my face. I finally remembered why he looked so familiar.

Taehyung's eyes filled with concern  before they turned glossy. No doubt mind-linking someone. "I-I-I need my phone. I need to call my mother." I said.

The door opened with a loud BANG! and my mom's scent came to me. Before I even blink she stood next to me, her eyes worried. She searched my face and nodded to herself.

"My baby." She given me a kiss on forehead and I almost cried. I grabbed her hand while I pushed past my tears.

"Mom, years ago you showed me a picture of your brother. Uncle...." My mom's face turned pale.

"That man is not your uncle. His name is jiwon. He died many years ago."

"His eyes.... They're the same color as yours. He's a wolf. Isn't he?" My mothers brows arched together in confusion.

"Baby, don't think of him. He is a disgrace to our family and fortunately he died long ago. May the Goddess have saved him from himself." I shook my head at mom. I heard Taehyung impatiently tapping his foot on the floor next to me.

"He was here, mom. His eyes... I didn't realize it before but I recognised him. He told me he'd be back for me one day." Mom's eyes widen in shock while mumbling to herself.

"No, it can't be. He should have been dead. It's impossible. No..."

"Mom, what did he do to get kicked out of the pack?" Mom looked at me with unshed tears in her eyes, still shaking her head. "Mom, what happened?"

"He got kicked out for killing his Mate and trying to slaughter his daughter. His mate... She was still so young. We were already too late. I felt her get ripped off from our connection. I tried seeking her with magic while your father ran towards their house. It was too late. Everything was covered in blood. Your father told me that it was as if a demon had killed her. Jiwon tried to fight. Your father had to kill him." The unshed tears found a way to break free. My mom's cheeks are soaked made her look like a lot older than now. "Your father burned his body. It's impossible for him to be alive. I was there." I shook my head once more. Next to me Taehyung has tensed up.

"It's him. I saw the picture. He looked at me as if he recognized me. He didn't hurt me though. He just told me he'd be back for me one day and then called off the other wolves." Taehyung steps towards us. When I looked at him his face holds void of any emotions.He stared at my mother.

"What happened to his daughter? You said he had a daughter, yet you didn't say anything about her death." He asked. My mom squeezed my hands, making me look at her once more.

"No..... No! You're my mother and dad... Dad is my father. You had me. It was hard to get pregnant at first, but you got me." Memories flashed before my eyes. My dad looked at me in worry when I wanted to become a warrior. No doubt fearing I would turned out as my biological father. How easily they took Jennie in and cared for her as if she was my sister. Then I remembered. I remember the blood, the smell of it so strong I nearly choked on it. Me tightly hanging on to a body, Black hair mixed with the red of blood. A voice, a voice so soft and kind, telling me to run. "She didn't die immediately. She bled out. She told me to run."

Moms sobs grew louder as I look at her with wide eyes. Taehyung's arms are safely around me, but it didn't comfort me. I wanted to scream, i wanted to tell the world to go and suck it. I want it to be a lie.

"You ran. You ran towards the first person you knew would help you.... You came to me. I couldn't have children, so I took you in. You were so small, only three years old. That day changed you. You didn't laugh, you were always scared. So your father.... The Alpha took you to training. He wanted you to feel strong, so you'd never have to be afraid again. But he was scared that if you'd become a warrior it would draw too much attention to you. Someone could have told you."

"SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME! Now my crazy biological father is coming after me. Everyone could get hurt! You didn't think someone would find out who I am? When you took me in and made me call you mom, you made a vow. A vow to protect me as if I'm your own. Today is the first day in years you failed to do so." Taehyung pulled me, urging me to shut up. I shook him off as I get closer to my mom. "Get out, aunt."

I can see my words hurt her, but I don't care right now. All these years. All this time... I turned around and buried my face in Taehyung 's neck. He hold me closely as I cried.