𝟐𝟔 | 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞.

—two days before the new year's eve party

nini was at her local grocery store, buying some groceries as well as treats for the upcoming new year. she was pushing her shopping cart, gracie sitting on the baby seat, hugging her favorite teddy bear. (the one ricky got for her)

nini was in the cereal aisle, looking for gracie's favorite cereal, cheerios. she saw that it was on the top shelf and groaned. the brunette got on her tippy toes trying to reach for it, until a familiar curly haired boy approached her. "here, let me help you."

"oh, thank y—ricky?"

"neens, oh, didn't expect that it would be you." ricky responded, which was totally a lie. he was walking to the cashier when he spotted her, having a hard time reaching for the cereal. of course, ricky wanted to help her and at the same time, have the excuse to at least talk to her. on the other hand, nini slightly blushed when he called her neens again.

"so how are things going?" nini asked him as she walked away, putting the box of cereal on the cart. "we really haven't talked in a while since the christmas dinner incident at carlos' and seb's house?"

maybe because you wouldn't shut up and let me explain everything and how much i still loved you. ricky thought. "oh it's been ok i guess, you know spending time with my family and all that."

"that's great." nini let out a nervous chuckle, as well as ricky. they stood in awkward silence until gracie let out a loud giggle as soon as she saw ricky. "—icky!"

ricky approached gracie who was still seated. he kissed her cheek lightly as she continued to giggle by his gesture. "hey there princess, how are you doing? i missed you so much, even if we just saw each other a few days ago."

nini's heart warmed as she saw the interaction between the two. she continued to stare until ricky called for her. "hey uh neens. would it be ok if i take her out again? maybe tomorrow? i know you probably heard by now that i'll be going back to la on the 31st so i want to spend as much time with her."

"uh yeah sure. i don't have a problem with that. just pick her up from the house, since we're celebrating new year's there before i sell the house."

ricky gave a slight smile and a nod upon hearing her words. he looked like he was ok on the outside, but inside, he was heartbroken about her decision on selling the house.

"oh alright, well then, i'll see you tomorrow." ricky replied, giving gracie and a goodbye kiss and a quick wave to nini. as he walked away, an idea sparked into his mind. "wait neens, uh i don't know how to say this but like, wouldn't it be better if you would come with us? it would be nice for gracie to spend time with the two of us together before the new year comes"

nini was surprised by his offer. she was debating whether or not, she should agree or not. the brunette took a quick glance at gracie, who was smiling and sighed. "oh sure ok."

"great, then i'll see you tomorrow morning." ricky replies as he waves them goodbye.

"ok. can't wait." nini whispered to herself and she chuckled nervously.

great.

—the next day; one day til the new year's eve party

nini got up extra early since she wasn't able to get some sleep last night. she was up all night thinking about today. the girl got up from bed and saw that gracie was still asleep.

she quickly freshened up, changing into a black shirt, mom jeans and a belt paired with some black boots and her favorite winter coat. soon after, gracie was awake and helped her get dressed as well.

the two went downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. soon after they were done, nini cleaned up while gracie remained seated in her high chair, until they heard the doorbell. nini answered it and saw that it was ricky. he was wearing the usual clothes (jeans and a shirt, paired with his favorite converse) but he still looked good. "uh neens, are you gonna let me in?"

she snapped out of her thoughts and just smiled, "oh yeah sorry."

the two walked to the kitchen, only to be greeted by gracie who was still sitting and smiling. ricky soon approached and carried her by the hip,

"hey you good morning. are you ready to have the best day ever?" ricky exclaimed, as he pressed a kiss to her cheek and the little girl just nodded her head vigorously in response. on the other hand, nini couldn't help but smile again at the two.