𝟑 | 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬.

gracie isabelle adams was the biggest blessing given to connor and isabella. the couple was finally settled to start their happy future together. at first, connor and isabella struggled, from hearing cries in the baby monitor to constant colds, it was hard for them to adjust. eventually, with a bit of help from reading parents blogs and the help of ricky and nini of course, they managed.

a year has passed and baby gracie was finally a year older. her parents prepared a huge celebration at their house, inviting some of their parent friends from their neighbourhood. kourtney, gina, ashlyn seb made an appearance since they've became friends as well with isabella as well. ej, carlos and red were there as well, having to be friends with connor since college.

"hey nins." isabella calls for her, a spatula on her hand. "can you please finish frosting the cake, i just have to entertain some guests."

nini nods, "sure bella." and she mouths a thank you to her.

while nini was preparing the cake, ricky comes to the kitchen, holding a bottle of beer, although he didn't look as drunk. "uh why are you drinking bowen?"

"why not? do i need to ask you permission what to do and what not to do?" ricky complains, making nini roll her eyes out of frustration.

"we're at a kids party ricky! it's your godchild's first birthday! but whatever, i really don't care. just don't do anything stupid please." nini pleads and ricky just stares at her. when she finally finished frosting the cake, ricky tried to annoy her and smeared some frosting all over her cheek. nini huffed out in frustration, "ricky! the fuck? now i have to frost this again!" she said as she grabbed a washcloth to wipe her face.

ricky laughs, "ha, that's payback."

"for what?"

"for not minding your own business. now imma head to the boys, see you princess!" ricky responds as he leaves the kitchen.

isabella came to the kitchen, "nins, are you finished and oh, you're a mess!"

nini glared at her best friend while the blonde woman let out a slight chuckle, "blame your husband's best friend!"

"ricky?" isabella furrowed her brows. "are you two still not getting along?"

"i don't think we'll get along soon. he's so irritating and careless, gosh!" nini responds. "i'm sorry bella. i know that you really wanted us to get along but we're total opposites and-" isabella cuts nini off, "hey it's fine. i totally understand that but-"

"but what?"

isabella sighs, "don't you wanna at least try to get to know him? i've known him since high school and he's quite sweet and charming."

"you sure about that?" nini glares and isabella chuckles. "fine. i'm not gonna force you into anything. but bear with him please. you both are godparents to gracie."

"yes ok." nini said as they both shared a hug.

the two friends exited the kitchen, isabella carrying the cake as they head to the living room, where gracie was. everyone huddled and started to sing happy birthday for the little girl.

— two days after

two days after

nini was at her office, packing her tiny spiral notebook and pen, as she prepares to go home after a long day of dealing with her patients. when she heads to the car, she got a call from an unknown number.

"yes, this is she.....what?.....a-are y-you sure?.......ok, i'll be there in 10 minutes...." nini responds with tears started to stream down her face.

note: hi, i know i promised to release a rini one shot also, but i had to fix a huge plot hole, so the release might be delayed. bear with me ❤️ love u all! and keep streaming anyone else !!!