𝟐𝟑 | 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫.

the two stayed in awkward silence, ricky put down the girl and ran back towards nini. suddenly, carlos called for everyone. "hey guys! dinner is ready!"

ricky and nini immediately took seats far from each other. he sat beside carlos while nini sat in between kourtney and gracie. ricky whispered to carlos' ear, "we'll talk later." while nini have seb a big death glare.

"alright." ashlyn exclaimed, breaking the silence. "can we eat now?! i'm starving!"

the group gladly agreed and they started grabbing some food. everyone was happy and filling in in what is going on in their lives and relationship. ricky sadly watched nini give gracie some food which made him tear up a little. that's until kourtney asked ricky about la.

"so ricky." kourtney asked. "how's la?"

ricky choked on his wine while nini elbowed kourtney lightly. "hey! ouch! just wanted to know how he was doing."

"actually, i'm glad you asked kourt. i'm doing pretty well. of course, work got pretty stressful, but i was able to manage." ricky replied with a slight smile. "what about you nins?"

nini slightly rolled her eyes, "actually ricky. i'm better than ever. my clinic and my patients are doing great, as well as this little one, aren't you gracie?" she responded as she gives a light pat on gracie's hand, making the little girl giggle.

the rest of the friend group all cringed at the tension between the ex couple. some tried not to laugh while others just gave a glare. that's until ej said something that he wasn't supposed to say.

"hey nini, we should totally go to your house, yeah know before we say our goodbyes to it."

"EJ!" the whole group yelled except for ricky, who gave a confused look. "what do you mean goodbyes?"

nini excused herself for a moment, "uh guys, i'll head outside. i just need a minute. kourt, please take care of gracie first."

ricky watched as nini walked away and decided to follow her outside. "nini, wait!"

"what do you want ricky?!"

"what did they mean by goodbyes?!?"

nini let out a sigh, "i'm s-selling the house ricky."

"what the fuck nini?! why the hell would you do that?!" ricky yelled.

on the other hand, they didn't know the whole friend group was listening from the back of the door. kourtney was bouncing gracie by her hip while ashlyn was covering the little girl's ears.

"because ricky. it's too big for me and gracie. there are just too much expenses! i'm planning to move back to my old apartment."

ricky furrowed his brows, "but i'm paying my half."

"i totally appreciate that but that's not enough ricky." nini said in a frustrated tone.

"ok but you should've at least asked me nini. you know that connor and isabella wanted her to grow up in that house."

nini scoffed. "oh-like you asked me about you moving to la?"

"still! you should've asked me! i'm telling you nini, you can't sell the house. as i said, they both wanted her to grow up here." ricky responded.

"no ricky." nini pointed her finger. "what they wanted was for US to raise her TOGETHER! but no, you moved to la! you walked out on us!"

"did you ever ask why i took that job?!" ricky said, brushing the curls off his hair. "i took it not for the title but because i wanted to provide a great future for the both of you, because i love you nins, i still do."

"oh shut it with the lies ricky!"

"goddamnit nini! i'm not lying. when i told you, i loved both of you with my whole heart and i meant every word."

nini sighed again, "look, if you really loved me and gracie, you should've asked or told me everything."

"nini, i—"

"ricky stop! i don't want to fight about this anymore. we're done." nini replied as she walked back inside.

the whole friend group heard footsteps and they ran back to the dining room so they won't be suspicious. nini and ricky came back, both of their eyes were red and puffy. "you guys were listening weren't you?"

a series of "whats" took over the room and the two just rolled their eyes. nini got gracie from kourtney, as ricky said something. "look guys this was fun. but i'll go for now. i just can't be here. merry christmas everyone."

"aw ok ricky. thanks for coming." carlos says as he stands up to lead ricky out of the door.

when ricky left, nini couldn't contain her tears.

PLEASE READ! ok hello, so yeah i'm starting school tomorrow (smh) and i wanted to do a quick a/n! i won't be updating daily like i used to since i want to focus on school and all of that. (this will esp apply to my other book because we're so close to finishing this book hehehe) i just wanted to say thank you so much for the overwhelming love and support. during this quarantine/"summer", i've completed 4 books ahhhhh !!!  i'm so glad that you guys love it and that i've met amazing people on this app 🥺 ily all, thank you for everything !!!!!

also, the first chapter to my new book is out so go stream !!!!