𝟓 | 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬.

"you mean us?! together!" ricky exclaimed as he sat back down. nini put her hand up to her head while ricky brushed off his curls, both signifying that they were frustrated.

"look i know this is not what you expected, but it's true. it said so in the will they made." mr baker started explaining.

"look." nini started. "you don't understand, we are not married nor in a relationship. we kinda don't really get along." nini tried to clear it out but mr baker shook his head. "ok calm down you two, there are options. you can either find someone who's related to either connor and isabella to take care of gracie or send her back to social services. it's your choice, now that you have custody."

the two both groaned out of frustration. they both loved gracie with their entire hearts and would be willing to raise her, but to raise her together? they weren't really all aboard. "oh and also, if you decide to raise gracie together, we suggest that you both should stay here in this house. although, this house is still on a loan though for the next six months so you two have to pay for the remaining."

"oh my god." ricky and nini both groan, their foreheads up to their hands.

"ok, i'll leave you two now. i'm so sorry if this was too much for both of you. i thought that connor and isabella have already talked to you about this." me baker responded and nini sighed, "it's ok, we just need time to make the information sink in."

"alright, i'll leave you two. and just a heads up, we're bringing gracie here later in the afternoon."

"ok, we'll see you, mr baker." ricky responded as he assisted him out of the door. meanwhile, nini was pacing the living room back and forth, it was all too fast for her. she wasn't even in a serious relationship at all. her last one was back in high school when she dated ej caswell, and now she has to take care of a baby with someone she hates so much.

meanwhile, ricky felt the same. he stood by the door, completely confused. he was never in a serious relationship. he'd only have random hookups and flings. and now, he has to raise a baby with some girl who he knew he would never get along with.

ricky saw nini in the living room, she was panicking so he approached her, "nini, calm the fuck down!"

"how can i calm down?!" nini starts screaming. "5 minutes ago, i learned that i need to raise a baby! and i have to raise her with someone i'm not in a relationship with or who i will never be in a relationship! ricky, i'm just 26! there are so many things i want to achieve!"

"woah nina!" ricky's voice raised, "stop thinking that you're the only one feeling that way! i'm trying not to freak out but you're here screaming. just calm down ok. breathe." he starts grabbing her hands, rubbing his thumb in the back of her hand, making her sigh. "ok, you're probably right. so uh what are we going to do?"

ricky lets go of her hand, "the funeral is in two days right?" and nini nods, "yeah."

"and after the funeral, since there's going to be a lunch happening here, why don't we just look for a family member who can take care and raise gracie?"

"yeah, that's great! i'm in!" nini exclaims and ricky smiles, "ok it's settled."

for the past two days, ricky and nini stayed in their home, taking care of gracie until they would find the perfect family for her.

gracie was a sweet yet naughty baby. she would barely cry since she was asleep most of the time, but when she was awake, she was very loud. ricky and nini found it very hard. with that, they were so determined to find a family to raise her.

it was the day of the funeral, all family and friends of connor and isabella mourn for their loss. you can hear silent cries from their loved ones. ricky and nini said eulogy and the two wouldn't stop crying, making their friends comfort them.

after the funeral, everyone proceeded to their house for a quick lunch. it was also the time where ricky and nini would find a family for gracie. they also decided not to tell anyone especially their friends about the situation until they settle everything out.

the first one they approached was isabella's cousin, diana. she looked so genuine and sweet so they considered her as one of the options, but when the two found out that diana and her husband were raising 9 kids already, they took her name out of the list.

second was connor's parents. since isabella's parents have both passed away, ricky and nini considered them as options. although, they found out that connor's father was too sick, making connor's mother take care of him 24/7, they wouldn't have time to raise their grandchild.

lastly was isabella's sister, isla. she was the perfect one. she was loving and sweet and she expressed her love for babies, but she had to reject the offer since she was currently finishing her medicine degree, making her too busy to look out for baby gracie.

it was late afternoon and all the guests started leaving. kourtney, red and ashlyn stayed with ricky and nini to help clean up the place. after a few minutes, they had to leave.

nini put gracie to bed and walked to the living room and collapsed to the sofa. ricky sat next to her. "i guess we have no choice but to raise her together ricky."

"yeah, i don't want gracie to stay with someone who would neglect her. i suppose you feel the same way." ricky responded and nini nodded. "i love gracie like she's my own flesh and blood."

"me too nini." ricky started. "so let's try to put our feelings aside ok? we'll learn together. for gracie."

"yup. for gracie."