𝟏𝟓 | 𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬.

time skip: two months

ricky and nini enjoyed their time together, finally as a couple. but it was different. they weren't the type to go on date nights often, usually planning to stay home and take care of gracie. ricky decided to move in to nini's bedroom since he was always there to cuddle with her until she falls asleep.

it was saturday and nini was stressed since she had a bunch of errands to run. she was in the kitchen counter, writing down the things she needed to do for the day on her phone. ricky walked towards her and pressed a light kiss to her hair. "hey babe, are you ok?"

"no." nini groaned. "i have so many errands to run today. i have to go grocery shopping since our fridge is practically empty then i have to take gracie to her pediatrician for her daily check up."

"what if i go with you?" ricky offered, making nini's face brighten up a bit. "really?"

"yeah really. maybe after i can take you two girls for dinner? how does that sound?"

nini smiled and kiss his cheek, "you're really the best boyfriend ever." ricky starts to chuckle, "that's my goal."

"i'm so glad you finally decided to go grocery shopping with me." nini said, grabbing a carton of milk. ricky looked up after he was giggling with gracie, who was sitting on the cart. "oh yeah i'm glad too. i've been wanting to accompany you ever since but i've been busy with work. i'm just happy i get to spend some time now with my two favorite girls."

nini blushes as she pushes the cart, walking next to the fruit section. suddenly, they bumped into a blonde girl. "alice?"

nini's eyes widened as she heard ricky say that name. it was alice. ricky's ex back in college. "oh hi ricky. didn't expect to see you here." alice exclaims coming in closer to ricky, making nini roll her eyes slightly.

"i could say the same thing. don't you reside in california? what are you doing here in salt lake?"

"i'm here for business. i came in yesterday. i was planning to call you so we could meet up and catch up." alice says in a flirty tone. she starts holding his hand until ricky flinches. on the other hand, nini couldn't take it and gave a fake smile. "hi alice, i'm nini. ricky's GIRLFRIEND. it's nice to meet you. ricky has told me a lot about you."

alice and nini shake hands while ricky stood there awkwardly and cringed at the tension between his ex and his current girlfriend. little did alice know that nini saw her roll her eyes, "and oh i almost forgot. meet baby gracie."

alice's eyes widened, "you two have a baby?"

"she's our godchild." nini started. "after our best friends, connor and isabella suddenly passed away, we became her guardians."

alice just nods, "oh."

"anyways, sorry we have to go alice. nice to meet you. bye." nini responds as she pushes the cart and grabs ricky's arm."

when they were far enough for alice not to hear them, ricky started laughing making nini question him. "what?"

ricky tucks her hair behind her ears, "you're cute when you're jealous."

nini rolls her eyes playfully, "because she was practically hitting on you!"

ricky kisses her forehead, "just saying. you don't have any reason to be jealous. i'd still choose you."

it was time for gracie's appointment to her pedia. the receptionist called out for ricky and nini's name and they entered the doctor's office.

ricky was surprised to see a young man in the office. he was tall and his curls were tamed. "ah nina, you're finally here!" dr mason greene exclaimed.

nini smiles as she sets gracie to sit down on the bed. "thanks mason for making time for gracie."

mason waves her off, "of course! anytime for my favorite patient and my favorite parent."

nini chuckles while ricky rolls his eyes. "oh yeah, mason, this is ricky. he's my-"

ricky cuts her off, "co-parent and BOYFRIEND."

mason gives a slight smile, "oh hi ricky. nice to meet you."

dr greene uses his stethoscope to check up on her for a few minutes. "ok, looks like gracie is good and healthy. just don't forget that she takes some vitamin c everyday."

nini carries gracie and bounces her to the hip, "ok. thank you so much mason."

"sure anytime! call me if you need anything." mason responds leading them right out the door. on the other hand, ricky just kept frowning and rolling his eyes slightly.

when they both headed out to their car, nini started chuckling this time.

"what are you laughing about nins?" ricky questions as he unlocks the car. nini set gracie to the baby seat at the back. "not gonna lie, you're also cute when you're jealous."

ricky scoffs, "you never told me that gracie's pedia looked like that?! and plus, he was also hitting on you! it was so obvious!"

nini walks towards him and wraps her arms around his neck. she goes on her tippy toes and gives him a quick kiss, "remember when you told me a while ago that i had nothing to be jealous about. i'm telling you the same thing because i'd still choose you and only you."