𝟏𝟒 | 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.

"ok, let's put everything aside. let's be calm. mia can't know that we hooked up or something." nini whispers to ricky as they open the door. "good morning, mia." both nini and ricky said with fake smile on their face. mia furrowed her eyebrows as she entered the house. ricky passed gracie to nini so he could close the main door.

mia walked around the house, taking down some notes on her notebook. ricky was nervously fidgeting his fingers while nini was bouncing gracie a bit aggressively than usual. when mia turned to the two, they both stood still. "looks like everything's good so far. the house is clean and organized. now can we take a seat?"

ricky and nini nod at the same time as they proceed to the dining table area. nini sets gracie to the high chair near them as ricky prepares some coffee for their guest.

"so." mia starts asking as she takes a sip of her coffee. "how are you two?"

"great!" both ricky and nini screamed, making mia almost jump out of her seat. "ricky, nini, are you two ok? why are you acting like this? did something happen?"

"nope. everything's fine. we're fine." nini replies as she continues to fidget her fingers. mia gave a stern look, "you two hooked up didn't you?"

the two stared at each other for a while and stayed silent. "oh my goodness! i knew it!"

"look mia," nini said. "me and ricky have no intention of letting our personal lives get in the way of our parenting."

mia scoffs, "ha sure! tell me about it. so are you engaged? getting married? what if it doesn't work out? have you ever thought about that?!"

"mia, i-" ricky starts but she cuts her off. "look i don't want to hear anymore excuses. all i want for you now is to work your personal issues out. either get married or pretend that none of this ever happened. i'll be back soon, but for now, please talk about this."

mia stands up and packs her things as ricky leads her out the door. as soon as she leaves, ricky spots nini carrying to the living room to play. after, nini sits on the couch, her hand on her head. ricky follows and sits beside her, rubbing her back but nini suddenly flinched and stood up. "ricky. what are we? are we a thing or something? you heard what mia said. it's either we get married or pretend that we never happened. i think it's best if we should stop this!"

"no nini." ricky cried out, grabbing her wrist. "nini, i like you so much. screw what mia said. i want to be with you and only you."

"look ricky. i like you too and i want to be with you, but what if we don't work out?! gracie is our priority now. we made a promise to connor and isabella that we would take care and raise her no matter what." nini responds, tears streaming through her face.

ricky starts wiping the tears coming down from her eyes, "then let's make it official."

"w-what?"

"nina, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

nini's eyes started to water out of happiness and excitement and she jumps into his arms. "is that even a question, YES!"

"oh thank god." ricky responded as he puts her down. nini pulled his neck and they kissed passionately.

SURPRISE! NEW AU ALERT 🚨

— SURPRISE! NEW AU ALERT 🚨