𝟏𝟗 | 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬.

ok i felt like it was rude to leave you hanging so heheheh !!

"tell me what?" nini curiously asks as she walked down the stairs. ricky quickly bids goodbye to his friends and shuts down his laptop.

"what are you doing here?" ricky asks and nini frowns. "i came down to check on you. you know i can't sleep without you next to me. plus this is my house too. i can do whatever i want. now cut to the chase, ricky. what is it you need to tell me?"

ricky's heart started to beat really fast, "uh can we sit please?"

the two took a seat on the couch, ricky holding nini's hand as he sighed, "nini, baby, i got promoted to head producer."

nini smiled brightly and gave him a hug, "wait really?! that's amazing! i'm so proud of you!"

ricky sighed again as they pulled away, "yeah but the job is in la."

nini's face fell, "oh."

"yeah."

the two stayed silent, not knowing what to say. ricky's body felt a bit tensed because nini wasn't talking or responding. on the other hand, nini didn't really know what to say. that's until ricky couldn't take it and broke the silence between them, "nins, are you gonna say anything?"

"be honest with me. are you thinking about taking this job?" nini replies as she stands up, brushing her hair out of her face.

ricky stands up beside her, "i've got to be honest, yes. i've been waiting for this opportunity to come for so long. and now that it's right in front of me, why waste it?"

nini scoffs, "yeah ok i get it. so what was your plan ricky? were we going to come with you or were you going to leave us?"

"nini i don't know! i didn't have to think for three people before! hell, i can't even think for one! just please come down nins, it's just a job offer." ricky replies but nini rolls her eyes.

"no this is not just a job offer ricky! you've been waiting for this your whole life. it's like a clean out." nini raises her voice.

"what the fuck nini, that is not true!"

"oh ok! but let me tell you ricky. i know that you've never wanted to be here at all. after everything that we've been through, you only think of me and gracie as a temporary thing!"

ricky starts raising his voice, "oh my god nina! you think i'm not in this?! i gave up everything in my good life to play this part!"

nini gives a confused look, "play this part?! so that is what this is to you?! playing a part?

"look, we're living in their house, we're raising their kid and we act like we're in a relationship or married even if we're not." ricky responds, not aware of what he said.

"oh, so have you been pretending with gracie this whole time?" nini asks, tears evident in her eyes.

"no. i love her." ricky sighs.

"oh. so it was just me then. you play with my feelings, told me you loved me then this happens." nini replies, trying to move away but ricky grabs her wrist. "no nini, i'm sorry i said that. but it's true. i love you."

"no ricky you don't! you said it yourself, we act like we're in a relationship! i think mia was right about us being together. we should've listened to her!" nini shouts, trying to let go.

"nins please! i'm not faking anything. i love you. i really do."

"whatever you say, ricky! you should just take the job, since we're over!" nini raises her voice as she walks back upstairs. she walks over to gracie's room, seeing her peacefully asleep. nini started tearing up as she stroked gracie's cheek. "i'm so sorry gracie. i guess it's just us for now."