Chapter 17

The group decided to go as the Heathers and Veronica for Halloween. Laf was Chandler, Herc was Duke, John was MacNamera, and Alex was Veronica.

Alex was pretty quiet during dinner as Laf and Herc discussed excitedly about costume pieces. John was too. Alex could tell that John had picked up on him acting weird though, so he decided to tell him what was going on later that night. It's not like John was in control of his dreams or sleep-talking. He probably didn't even know he sleep-talked. Alex decided he was being immature and needed to apologize.

Laf and Herc stayed in the common area of the frat after dinner, making a list of what all they needed. Alex and John headed upstairs. John went up rather quickly and looked like he was going to cry.

"John?" Alex said quietly when he reached the room. "Can we talk?"

John looked up from his pillow with a tear-stained face.

"You actually want to talk to me now?" he mumbled. Alex felt his heart break. He sighed and closed the door, sitting down next to John.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I'm being really immature. Listen, when I came up here before to get my laptop, I heard you sleep-talking, and you were saying my name a lot, and, um, moaning too- and I just figured it was kind of a private dream so I left really quickly," he finished. Once he said it out loud, it sounded so stupid. "I'm sorry. I guess I just felt kind of weird after. It's not like I had a reason to, you can't control your dreams, and I don't even really know what you were dreaming about, I just-"

John cut him off.

"It's fine," he said quietly. "I was just really afraid that I scared you off and you didn't want to hang out anymore," he continued. "I really can't control what I dream about, Alex," he said, looking up at Alex with watery eyes. "I'm really sorry, but I don't know what you want me to do."

Alex shook his head.

"It's fine John," he said. "Really. I was just being dumb." There was a beat of silence. Then Alex cracked a smile. "So- was dream me any good?"

John's eyes widened and his face turned bright red as Alex laughed.

"A-Alex!" he stuttered, throwing a pillow lightly and hitting Alex in the face, which just made him laugh even more. John smiled. Leave it to Alex to be able to make him feel better about all this in only a few seconds.

"It was just a question!" Alex said, putting his hands up innocently. "Hey, want to look online for some stuff for Halloween?" John smiled and nodded as Alex laid down next to him. They opened up John's laptop and shopped around until they found exactly what they wanted. Alex picked out a blue blazer and blue dress pants (he decided to go for the more masculine look). John picked out a yellow blazer a short skirt. Herc texted them saying that he and Laf had ordered croquet clubs for them. Their costumes were set to arrive a few days before Halloween, just enough time to make any alterations and fix it up.

John shut his laptop and yawned. He looked over at the boy who had captured his heart and smiled to see Alex texting Peggy that "our costumes will kick your costume's ASS".

John cuddled into Alex's side, making Alex's breath catch in his throat. He smiled though and felt warm inside. John was too cute for his own good.

Alex decided something.

He would tell John how he felt on Halloween.

AN: sorry that all my recent chapters have been so short guys, I'm running out of ideas for this. Also sorry about the slow burn but that is my STYLE. I promise it'll happen soon:)