Chapter 1

"...and here's your schedule for the semester! I assume someone from Revolutionary Fraternity will be showing you around. Have a good term!"

"Thanks," Alexander Hamilton nervously. It was his first day at college. King's College, for that matter. Four of the boys from his fraternity were meeting up with him. Alex was, for once, very quiet. He was too worried to say much of anything.

Alex took his bags down to his fraternity, and waited outside the building for someone to let him in. A few moments later, a tall boy wearing a magenta sweatshirt stepped out. He lifted his sunglasses and glared at Alex.

"You must be the new kid," he said gruffly. "What's your name? Ally Hamil?"

Alex crossed his arms defensively.

"Alexander Hamilton," he shot back. "May I ask yours?"

"Jefferson. Thomas Jefferson," the boy answered. "Well, get in here. We're ready to show you around."

The opening hall was gigantic. Alex had never seen anything this large before. He was very excited to get started, especially for his writing classes. Suddenly, three boys appeared at the end of the hallway, laughing and talking to one another. Then they caught sight of Alex.

"Uh- hi," Alex said awkwardly. "I'm-"

"Alexander Hamilton!" the tallest boy said, with a very thick french accent.

"Um- yes!" Alex responded, surprised. "Who are you guys?"

"I'm Mulligan. HERCULES MULLIGAN!" a shorter boy with a bandana wrapped around his forehead shouted out, pumping his fists in the air. "Oh- and this is Laf and Laurens." He motioned to the other two. The one with the accent was "Laf" and "Laurens" was a short boy with a face full of freckles, and SUPER poofy hair that was tied back with a scrunchie. He was wearing a flower crown and a tie-dye t-shirt, along with ripped jeans and eyeliner. He blushed and looked down the moment Alex looked at him.

It was at that moment that all of time stopped for Alex. Wow. That Laurens kid? Wow. Someone- someone THAT adorable was sharing a frat with him? No. Way.

Alex walked up to the three and shook hands firmly with all of them. When he got to Laurens, he smiled extra big, trying to make a good impression.

"Uh- my first name's John, by the way," he murmured. Alex grinned.

"Um- John? What're your pronouns?" he asked. He hoped John wasn't a homophobic, transphobic person. That would just ruin everything.

John blushed.

"I'm kinda feminine, but he/him," he said. "I'm gay, too," he added.

Alex felt his heart take a leap. He might actually have a chance with this guy! But right when he was about to say something, Thomas Jefferson came up from behind him and separated his and John's hands, then draped an arm around John's shoulder.

"Not that being gay matters," he said. "Laurens is taken, so hands off."

Alex felt his heart drop back into his chest. Of course he had a boyfriend! Why wouldn't he?

John turned red and shrugged Thomas' shoulder off of him.

"So- time to show Alex around, eh?" Laf suggested, breaking the silence. Alex nodded slowly, then plastered on a fake smile and followed him, Hercules, John, and- JEFFERSON- out the door, leaving his luggage on the inside, which, according to Hercules, would be brought up.