meanwhile

Chapter-26

Arnav pov

I came back  home as soon as possible after i got informed by my driver that khusi didn't came even though he waited at the parking lot for an hour.

I thought she was angry at me so may be she went home using public transportation, but when i reached home she wasn't there.

I called the hall manager to know whether Khusi was still there or not and even asked them to search for her but later i got informed that she was no where around there. I felt a little hesitant and guilty as i called Buaji's number

"Hello! Buaji" i continued without waiting for her answer. " Is khusi there?"

"Arnav beta! I m khusi's mother and no Khusi is not here. Why are you asking for khusi, isn't she at shantivan? Is everything alright?" She started asking me more questions and i got more panicked. How will i give her any reply after all i might be the reason her daughter is missing.

"Ac-tu-ally I a-m in a p-arty and she told me that she will go to her Buaji's house this evening so i thought may be she is there"lying to her felt terrible but i didn't want her to know anything right now, not until i find khusi.

" Arnav beta! Then where you think khusi is, should i come and help?"her voice felt like she was ready to cry any moment.

"No no i am sure she is at home, where will she go i mean i will go home and then inform you so don't worry"after saying i hung up the phone.

I am standing at the pool side stressing over where my wife could be at 12 am ugh! where are you khusi! I can't think of any other place you could be,just come back home. Shouting at the infinity sky wasn't a good idea as no reply came in return but only the guilt inside me grew bigger and bigger

I am sure this girl is going to be the end of me

I called Amman as soon as my senses came back in their place. There was no point in regretting now on how i crossed my line this time.

"Hello sir! Is everything alright?"  he also knows nothing could be alright if i call him at this hour of the day.

" No nothing is right, i don't know where khusi is, she didn't came back home" i explained him what happened at the party after all he is more than just a employee to me.

"Sir sorry to say this but could it be that she ran away i mean-"

" What the- no she can't and if she wanted to she could have done it way back and don't you dare to say something like this again" she might do anything to teach me a lesson but i don't believe she will run away.

"You just call the private investigators, tell them to start searching for her right now and send anything they find  directly to me within an hour." I think this is the only way left.

"Okkh sir "after ending the call, i dialed the number of that person who knows khusi better than me 'Nk'

The call went straight to voicemail as i may expected.

I wasn't going to sit down and wait for my investigators to do something, i just can't. I shouldn't have cared about her after all the shit i did to her, if i would have cared even a little bit this-  ahh!

Suddenly a thought came across my mind, should i go and check Nk'sroom. Maybe i can find any clube of any place she could be or maybe any of her friend's number.

The door made cracking noise just like the horror movies but room looks need and clean implying di cleaned it quite often even though she is really upset with him.

The drawers were full of magazines, watches, Bollywood CDs typical Nk.
I tried to opened the cupboard which was indeed locked. Looking for the key took much more time but i did find it on the floor of the wardrobe closet as i was about to get up from the floor when something hit my head and piles of cloth fell off from the top.

       'What the- secret locker seriously'

The wardrobe closet was open and the key was on the floor but the locker was hidden i don't have such locker in my room, no one has in my family. The locker was well hidden by the clothes and hence nobody saw it.

The key of the wardrobe was in my hand but how will i open the locker. Ummm may be the key is in the wardrobe.

I put the key in the wardrobe lock but the key doesn't even fit, it's a bit small. I tried for a bit but was of no use.

Then i got staggering realisation of my dumbness. This key must be that secret locker's key.

Then i tried to open the secret locker with the same key and it just fit perfect.
It made a clicked sound as the locker opened.

There first thing i took out of it was a diary, a diary with only two pages full of grambling about how much he hates me and drawings of me with red crossed sign. I always knew my brother hated me but was unaware of the intensity.

The thing that caught  my eyes was the file under the other diary. After putting the diaries on the bed i took out the file.

I can't believe what i was seeing, almost like i was in an unknown side of the life. I never knew this even existed and why would it even.

Just then my phone starts ringing and the information i got was enough to open my eyes that something  is seriously wrong.

There was still a part of me saying no he couldn't do anything wrong atleast not with his brother no matter how much he hates me may be, may be he is in danger too. So Now not only i have to find khusi quickly but also NK.

I start driving my way to the place no one in my family knows apart from me.  i went 3 years ago when i had an argument with him and he hided himself there, in his apartment, his second home  so i still have the extra key with me in case he doesn't open the door.

Nk doesn't know i have the key or that i know about this place. That day when i came here, he was already at office and called me before i could knock on the door. Since he was not here, i thought to keep it a secret so that i could come here the next time when he hide himself otherwise he would have changed the place for sure.

The drive was taking a troll on me not only my heart but my mind was also not in ease.

The door swung open leading to the one BHK apartment after knocking the door for the fifth time i was sure he is not there. The house looked as if it has been  used recently but still to make sure i checked the hall room and i proceed my way to the bedroom.

The bedroom walls was full with revenge notes, notes that has many names of the same person, me. From bastard to step brother. Yes stepbrother, now i know that is what all i am for him.

                His stepbrother

The most shocking thing was there was bunch of photos of khusi from pag phere to the first day of office even with that coffee boy i saw her with yesterday.
That document and now these photos
What exactly he is planning for, i have to find him before it's too late.

*****************************************

If you enjoy reading this chapter don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote ❤❤