jealousy or ego

Chapter-24
Arnav pov

" Yes,You look beautiful" i said as i turned back to face her.

A smile appears on her red lips and her face all flustered making her look unbearably cute which also makes me question her acting skills. Anjalidi started laughing on seeing khusi's reaction.

We sat on the car without talking a word to each other after that awkard moment as my driver continued driving.

When we reached the party i tried to stick around khusi because this type of parties are full of people who are nothing but  rich womanizer trying to look for their new prey.

She might like rich man and their attention but they are much more scary than the people she fools around with.

I introduced khusi to my clients and  prospective partners, to my surprise she was handling everything really calmly and professionally and was not nervous as i expected.

When i was talking to an old client and khusi was just standing beside me listening to our conversation.

Lavanya found me in these crowded hall and was walking towards me weaving her hand in the air.

If Lavanya sees Khusi with me then she will pester me and she already has her radder on for khusi.

"Khusi you go and enjoy yourself after i finish meeting people, i will come and take you home but don't go looking around for new dates" i wishper to Khusi so that the client couldn't hear what we are talking.

After that i got busy with meeting and chatting and Lavanya was sitting on my head for the whole time.  Clinging to me is her hobby as long as i know her she does it all the time no matter how much you insult her so there is no point in  arguing or talking to her in that matter, i would rather ignore her behaviour.

After sometime time i looked around for khusi but i couldn't find her from where i was standing so i excuse myself and told Lavanya that i am going to bathroom.

Khusi pov

Lard governer and his client were busy talking about business which was boring and uninteresting to me so i was looking at other people where one couple caught my attention. The girl looked straight out model of a magazine and her husband i assume, was looking like young man who is head over heels the way he was looking at her while she is talking to a lady. Ahh how i  pictured this in my head few months back with me and my husband.

"Khusi you go and enjoy yourself after i finish meeting people, i will come and take you home but don't go looking around for new dates"  lard governor suddenly pulled me closed to his body and whispered this awfully and at the same time pleasant words. Pleasent because i can get out of this boring conversations.

So i came to the bar counter and sat  down on  one of the empty  chair, from where i could clearly see Lavanya locking her arms with lard governor's arm.

Huh what a hypocrite he told me not to find new dates when he can flirt with his employees as he wish.

"Hello miss khusi, what a pleasant surprise"

I heard Someone's  voice  From behind so i turned my face knowing who it could be.

"Rahul! How are you" i said showing my teeths i was happy that i found a friend in this  boring classy party.

" Why didn't you told me earlier that you are here,  we could have come here together" he said taking a glass of water from the counter. The person sitting  next to me was giving me such weird and creepy looks that my smile fade away.