past (part-1)

Chapter- 20
Khusi pov

After finishing my work i was about to leave but as i opened the door there was Rahul standing there waiting for me. In between doing so many task my brain already forgot that i had to meet him.

"Hey! Your shift is over right" he asked waving his hand.

"Hi! I m so sorry you had to wait for me" i said while giving a guilty smile.

"Ohh is ok i think you were busy, i actually called you before this to tell you i will wait here for you"

On hearing that i took out my phone and realized the whole day my phone was on silent. There was 3 miss calls from him and 1 message. On first look i thought it was from Rahul but when i looked at the contact name it was from d-e-vil.

"Is there any thing wrong" Rahul asked trying to getting a closer look of phone.

"No No i am adjusting my phone's volume it was on silent" i said adjusting the volume.

"Ohh ohhk so shall we go" he said pointing towards the exit door.

"Yeah sure but i can't really chat with you for long i have to catch a bus" i said as we talked out side of the office.

" Don't worry, if you want i can give you a lift".

On that I didn't gave a reply and just nod my head so he got the hint and didn't spoke after that.

The building has two floor building, the first floor has three cabinates for top level employees and open desks for middle level employees and few room for lower level department employees and a reception area.

The second floor is only reserved for ASR the boss, baord meeting room and his office room is made of glass so i looked up once towards that direction to see weather he was there but the room looked pitch dark indicating he left already.

The cafeteria was outside the office and it took only few minutes for us to reach there.

Once we were inside Rahul went to give order for our coffee. The cafeteria was quite busy since everyone's shift was over at this time.

There was a couple sitting near the window, seeing them bring backed a lot of memories.

The first coffee date i ever had was with Nk. We met on a mall where he came with his brother to attend a event but was left alone as everyone else he came with was busy with preparation.

The way we met was a bit unfortunate i lost my id card which was necessary to work at the workshop organised by the shelter i worked for but he tried his best to look for it.

"Sorry it took time, the queue was long" Rahul said breaking the train of thought.

"No problem, we ordered cold coffee so it will not take much time to drink it" i assured him.

After that he continued telling me his funny childhood stories and my stomach was literally hurting from laughing so much.

"Croak! Croak!" My phone started so i took it out of my purse.
"Devil" the name on the screen popped up

I looked at Rahul gesturing him that i have to take the call.

"Hello, khusi come to parking lot!" He said as I received the call.

"What why" 'beep beep' he hung up the call without even answering me.

Rahul was looking at me holding his glance on my phone with a worried look.

''Ehh Rahul i have to go something came up" i said putting the straps of the bag on my shoulder.

"Are you sure? I can give you a lift." He asked standing up.

"No no is okk, thank you so much for the coffee" I said and made my way to the exit.

Arnav pov

Lavanya was calling me from behind but the only think that i could hear is the sound of khusi's laugh. First day of office and she already found someone for having coffee.

I got inside my car, taking out my pills for headache. I Slouched down on the car seat, bending my head and putting it in between my hand as the wedding night once again became Vivid in my mind.

Flashback
The Wedding night

It just feels like yesterday that the girl i was searching for so many days turned out to be the girl my brother is in love with. I don't really believe in marraige but still it felt like a thunderstorm when my brother introduce me to the girl i dreamt of nearly everyday.

Me and brother don't have a close friendship but still my brother is much more important than a girl so I kept myself busy with work day and night to avoid getting face to face with khusi. Neither i believe I'm in love nor i will try to take away my brother's wife just for my attraction for her.

I didn't attend my brother's engagment or any other ritual adding to this i acted like a jerk to khusi so that i can keep her out of my mind. But now i have to attend my brother's marriage no matter how much i don't want to.

When i was thinking all these things my phone rang. Aman my manager and secretary of my middle level department called me.

"Hello! Sir the shervani Nk sir ordered has came can you please inform him" he voice reflecting hesitation.

"Why don't you tell him yourself" i growled getting up from my Easy chair.

"Sorry sir but i called him but he is not picking up my call".he answered.

After i cut the call, i went straight to my brother's room and knocked twice but no answer came. The door was slightly open so i pushed it and called his name

"NK you are here? The shervani you ordere-d what the-" i was so schoked to see my brother trying to escape from the balcony just like a Rapunzel except with a long pair of bedsheets in place of hair.

"What are you doing? Are you running from your own wedding" before i could intrigued him more he came near and hugged me.

The last time he hugged me was when our mom died.

"What's wrong NK , are you nervous. It happens i guess that doesn't mean you can run away my brother" no matter how poles apart we are i can't see my brother like this.

"N-o n-o th-at's no-t it" saying this he started crying just like that day he cried while hugging me.

I pushed him gently so that we can face each other.

"Just tell me what is the problem, i am sure we can do something" i said tightly holding his shoulder.

Looking down he said " how can i say , how can i face every one after taking another wrong decision"

"What are you talking about, just tell me clearly ok" i assured him.

"What should i say that the person i choosed, the love of my life is a cheater"
He said shouting at top of his voice letting out all his frustration.

"Ch-ea-ter" i can't believe at my own ears that what i was hearing is what he said.

****************************************
Hope you enjoy reading
Don't forget to vote and comment ❤