Chapter 18

"So what do you think?"

She took a few steps and twirled around so that Mamoru could have a full view at her pink yukata.

She was simply gorgeous.

Although being fourteen at this time, undisguised standing in her bedroom, her hair put up into sweet sort of apes swings, Usagi was the prettiest girl he had ever met. Regardless in which of their lives. It would always and forever be her who he could turn to, as if he didn't have any other chance than worth shipping the ground she walked...until Usagi lost balance and fell face first onto the bed.

Mamoru couldn't help it but had to chuckle about her unintended move. This was also Usagi...and he loved her so much for being this way. Never he would want to change her.

"Grrrr, it's the first time in ages that I had those shoes on!" She mumbled into the blankets, avoiding his gaze and ready to defend her clumsiness.

"Don't worry, Usa...Throughout the time I got used to saving you from any kind of danger...or bruises or whatever happens to you during this life-" He couldn't continue when he suddenly reminded the reason why he was here in this past. He wouldn't be able to continue with rescuing her unless he manages to trigger the light of hope to come with him.

That was the reason they had come up with a proper plan for today which requested all the members of the mission; First, there was Motoki who had to get Mamoru somehow to the festival. This was supposed to be one of the most difficult tasks since Mamoru was - at least at this time - far away from being any kind of a social person- but Reika had promised to come, too, so that past Mamoru was surrounded by two of his closest friends which would give him a certain security. At least this was what Mamoru had promised his team members.

Secondly, Diana had to keep an eye on little Kousagi, together with Mamoru who would be in charge to make sure that Usagi could switch between being fourteen and an adult without causing any suspicion to her family.

At the same time he was in charge of observing Usagi and her date and need to find a way to trigger the light of hope.

For his two tasks they had decided to let Mamoru wear the middle eastern dress so that neither of the today's festivals attendees would become suspicious. Lucky him this festival was supposed to be that sort where everyone was allowed to dress up as fancy as they want to.

The Tsukinos were slightly surprised about his outer appearance but Shingo only shrugged when he was holding a big water pistol in his hands.

"It will be quite heavy on you once it's soaked with water but I heard that in Osaka they really do enjoy extraordinary disguises."

Mamoru had never been to the Fukagawa Hatchiman Masturi Festival before - at least not until this day in the past - but had heard of one of Tokios biggest water festivals a lot. Actually he welcomed the upcoming refreshments since this summer was tremendously hot and he was kind of curious. Perhaps this would be his last chance to visit a festival anyways.

When he arrived with the Tsukinos, Diana and his adopted child, the parade was already taking place. Approximately 500,000 people came to see this spectacular water splash party every year and Mamoru had to admit that this looked more than fun.

It was loud, quite a chatty ambience filled up the busy streets, a lot of drums bearing in different rhythms were heard and many people were laughing and quite busy with making a lot of fun with water.

"Come on Endy, enjoy this festival with the others! I'm heading over to the food stall over there and will Organise our lunch. Honey, will you help me?" Ikuko have her husband a light smile and both made there way through the crowd over to a food stall.